NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (C7100V) Fully Tested & Reviewed
Access High-Speed Internet By Using Best Ac1900 Cable Modem Router Combo
There is nothing more frustrating than working with a slow internet connection. And, if you have separate networking equipment, it will make things even more difficult since you will have to be checking each stuff whenever you have a connection problem.
You will have to ascertain if the router, the wireless network card, or the modem is causing the problem. So, to avoid cases of misconfiguration between the devices, it is better if you buy a WiFi modem router combo. Moreover, you will save yourself the hassle of paying the rental fee to cable companies.
However, there are only a few manufacturers who offer quality networking equipment. In the realm of modem router combos, most seasoned consumers trust NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (C7100V). It offers a reliable connection, and it uses the latest wireless technology.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (C7100V) – Overview & Main Features
This model is an upgrade version of C7000. It has additional features such as Voice services and Xfinity Internet. The good news to Comcast Xfinity customers is that this is one of the few 802.11ac combos that are compatible with Xfinity voice service. Customers can buy this device without the need for a contract. In general, C7100V has many useful features and benefits.
- High-Speed Internet: Netgear devices are among the top performers concerning speed and reliability. This dual-band combo has a maximum download speed of 960 Mbps. It also has a better WiFi speed of up to 600Mbps on the 2.4GHz band and 1300 Mbps on 5GHz band. While this device offers faster speed than you would need, it is a signal that the gateway is ready to accommodate faster speed from your cable provider.
- DOCSIS 3.0: Netgear Nighthawk offers a DOCSIS 3.0 internet connection. This means that it provides 8 times better download speed than DOCSIS 2.0. It is, therefore, ideal for faster download, HD streaming, and gaming.
- AC1900 WiFi Router: Apart from being a dual-band, this modem router combo uses the latest wireless technology. So, it offers a more stable and faster connection. Today, nearly all new personal electronic devices support AC technology.
- 24 x 8 Channel Bonding: Nighthawk is no slacker. It features a 24×8 channel bonding. What this means is that it supports 8 upstream channels and 24 downstream channels. To put is simpler, this modem can allow you to download a 2GB HD movie in just 15 seconds.
- Beamforming: Because of the Beamforming+ technology, the combo transmits stronger signals. This technology helps the router to direct the WiFi signal to your devices. It means you can access the internet in areas which were once deemed as dead spots.
- 2 Telephone Jacks: One of the most desirable features of Nighthawk C7100V is that it is compatible with Comcast Voice service. It has two integrated telephone jacks to enable you to utilize all Comcast Voice service features. With the combo, you can use the caller ID, 3-way conference calling, Call Waiting, and call forwarding among other features. If you are a regular user of Bundle Voice services, then C7100V is the right match.
- 4 Ethernet Ports & 2 USB Ports: The whole package is easy to install and can run several devices simultaneously. If you love wired connections, then the four Ethernet ports will come in handy.
- DLNA compatible: Since this modem is compatible with Comcast, activating it is effortless; you don’t have to make a service call. If you have an existing Comcast account, you will just log in and enter the numbers at the back of Nighthawk C7100V package. From there, you can swap the old modem with the new one.
- Optional Battery Backup: One of the drawbacks of VoIP systems is that it uses more power. This means that if there is a power outage, your phones will be inactive. Fortunately, C7100V has offered an alternative solution to this problem. Netgear sells a separate backup battery. The battery can support your devices for 5 hours if you are on call and 8 hours if in standby mode.
- Security: Through NETGEAR Genie App, you can easily monitor the performance of your connection. The gear allows you also to control your connection from your mobile device or PC.
What We Liked?
- Easier installation. Setup can be activated through Comcast’s web interface.
- Faster and reliable connection.
- It is a 3-in-1 device; It is a Modem Router Combo with Xfinity Voice.
- It is fitted with 5dBi antennas for maximum coverage.
What We Didn’t?
- A better DOCSIS 3.1 standard is being developed which might make DOCSIS 3.0 obsolete.
- If you recently stopped or planning to discontinue renting your modem from Comcast, then a modem combo router is what you need. With cost in mind, C7100V is the best modem/router for moderate spenders who value reliable connection. Considering that 1 Gbps DOCSIS 3.0 is currently the fastest connection, However, if you are not a current subscriber of Comcast, then you need to find other options because C7100V is only compatible with Comcast.