Linksys WRT1900AC Vs WRT1900ACS | Comparison Guide
For many years, Linksys WRT54G has proven to be almost an ideal router to most of its users, thanks to its eye-catching design as well as open source router firmware.
However, in 2014, a wireless router, WRT1900AC, was released to the market. Just like WRT54G, WRT1900AC has an awesome design and supports third-party firmware. In 2015, an upgrade of WRT1900AC was made and as a result, WRT1900ACS was released.
Linksys WRT1900AC Vs WRT1900ACS : Overview
Linksys AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router (WRT1900AC)
You don’t have to worry about dead spots, especially if you live in a house having multiple stories, thanks to WRT1900AC’s four powerful antennas and simultaneous dual bands. The router can trace your wireless devices, connect then to your network, and ensures that you enjoy strong connection everywhere at your home or workplace. The router also minds about your wired devices since with its four Gigabit Ethernet Ports, the connection speed to such devices has been made ten times faster as compared to Fast Ethernet.
The router’s powerful dual-core 1.2GHz processor helps your network offer fast Wi-Fi cumulative speeds up to 1.9Gbps despite a simultaneous performance of various tasks such as playing online games, streaming movies on your network. You can use either the USB 3.0 port or an eSATA/ USB 2.0 port to transfer files to external devices.
Linksys AC1900 Dual Band Wireless Router (WRT1900ACS)
Running on a simultaneous dual band technology and having four powerful adjustable antennas, WRT1900ACS promises you strong Wi-Fi signals and theoretical data transfer rates to a maximum of 1.9Gbps. The wireless connections are ideal for people who live or work in multistoried buildings. The powerful dual-core 1.6GHz processor allows multitasking on your network without interfering with the speed of the Wi-Fi connections. Use either USB 3.0 port or an eSATA/USB 2.0 port to transfer files to external devices.
You can determine the bandwidth allocation amount to various devices in your network. The parental control feature allows preventing certain content from reaching your network users. Besides, protect your network from unauthorized access by creating special access accounts for your network’s guests.
Linksys WRT1900AC Vs WRT1900ACS : Major Features
- Open Source Ready: Probably as an advanced user you may want to tweak some source codes of a router to customize to it for compatibility with a specific application. Both WRT1900ACS and WRT1900AC give you that option since they support an open source application made by Linux. You only need to download the appropriate version of the applicable firmware, preferably from DD-WRT, depending on the model of your router. Besides, you can configure the Wi-Fi menu of the router, thanks to its simple but intuitive menu.
- Standard: Both WRT1900ACS and WRT1900AC support 802.11ac standard. This makes the router versatile thus compatible with devices that support, a, b, g, n and ac standards. If you are looking for a router that will offer you overall theoretical Wi-Fi connection speeds up to 1.9Gbps, then you can consider any of the two. Each them offers you a maximum Wi-Fi speeds to a maximum of 1.9Gbps over their dual band. With any of the two routers, you can access theoretical wireless connections up to 1.3Gbps through 5GHz band and a maximum of 0.6Gbps through the 2.4GHz frequency band. However, ensure that you have strong signal as well as superb AC client to realize these fast wireless connection speeds.
- Adjustable Antennas: Both routers have four adjustable antennas that help the routers to offer robust and reliable wireless connections in all parts of your home or workplace. Therefore you can use any of the routers to connect multiple devices to your network and perform various tasks simultaneously on both frequency bands without slowing down your Wi-Fi connection.
- USB Ports: Each of WRT1900ACS and WRT1900AC has one USB 3.0 port and one eSATA/ USB 2.0 port for easy and fast transfer files through external devices.
- Ethernet Ports: At the back of either WRT1900ACS or WRT1900AC, you will find four gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Operation Modes: Each two routers offer you maximum Wi-Fi speeds to a maximum of 1.9Gbps over its dual band. With any of the two routers, you can access theoretical wireless connections up to 1.3Gbps through 5GHz band and a maximum of 0.6Gbps through the 2.4GHz frequency band.
- Beamforming: Both WRT1900ACS and WRT1900AC utilize beamforming technology which traces your wireless devices, connect then to your network, helping you enjoy strong connection everywhere at your home or workplace.
Main difference between Linksys WRT1900AC and Linksys WRT1900ACS
Why Linksys WRT1900ACS Is Much Better than Linksys WRT1900AC
Linksys WRT1900AC Vs WRT1900ACS : Comparison
LINKSYS WRT AC1900
- (4 / 5)
Linksys WRT 1900ACS
- (4.2 / 5)
- Any new Linksys WRT model comes with more advanced features as compared to a later version. Although some of these features take time before they become functional, you can use others as soon as you buy a router.
- Additionally, the prices of a new and old router models are usually different. Therefore, it is important to go for the new version at an additional cost if you find that the extra features are worth it. Otherwise, you can choose the old model if it will conveniently meet your needs.