D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Home Cloud Enabled Router (DIR-605L) | Review
D-Link is a giant networking company that started of making network adapters in 1986.
this Taiwan based company has grown exponentially through the years and now it develops and manufacturers all networking components.
D-Link Wireless N300 also known as the DIR-605L is a very affordable router which comes with the convenience of a cloud based features.
This Router has 4 Fast Ethernet Ports that give you the flexibility to connect wired devices to the network.
What Makes This Product Stand Out?
D-Link has made the DIR-605L Cloud Router surprisingly economically, as its price was announced to be only $40 at the CES. It is quite an efficient device even though it works on one single band and has no USB ports, however it offers the user with cloud features which allows them to manage the device from any internet enable device with the D-link Mobile app. Another thing that makes it stand out apart from its price is the size of the router, it’s quite compact but may seem bulky in width.
- Efficient Wireless performance at very low price.
- Flexibility of managing network settings from anywhere.
- Provides a very stable wireless signal.
- Compact Design and good finishing.
- Cloud Based Router.
Other Features and Their Benefits
- SmartBeaming Technology:The router has two large and elegant antennas, these antennas are not detachable or upgradable but perform quite well as the router works on a single band.
- Simple Interface: D-Link uses the same old web interface for the DIR-605L but it can be accessed from any device and is not limited to local network devices, this makes managing networks easier than ever.
- Build and Design: The built design of the DIR-605L is quite impressive and compact, though it may seem a little bulky in width the device can easily fit in your hand. It is only available in black color and has two large antennas that are fixed to the chassis.
- Speed & Range: This router was tested at close range and it delivered 41Mbps, whereas at 100 feet it managed to maintain an average speed of 37Mbps. It holds a stable connection without any disturbances or disconnections, at the given price this is quite impressive and the maximum range is around 200 feet which is great for a router of this size.
- Setup & Security: The DLink DIR-605L does not come with any Setup CD, however they provide a quick install guide that gives instructions of how to connect the router to the PC and access the web interface thereafter. Once you get to the D-link Service page it guides you through the necessary steps to get the network working in no time. It lacks some crucial features like parental controls and guest user access control but works on WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption for added security.
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 BGN|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux|
|Dimensions||5.9 x 5 x 1 inches|
- The D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Cloud Enabled Broadband Router meets all the expectations of an average home user, it provides the most crucial features needed to support a simple home network. The Cloud based feature is a new feature that makes this router stand out as it enable the user to monitor and manage their network from anywhere using the D-Link Lite App, if you want a highly efficient and compact router which delivers the best speed and range at a low price the DIR-605L is the best wireless router match for you.