5 Best WiFi Extender of 2018 | Buyer’s Guide & Review
The devices that typically allow the user to extend the range of their existing wireless networks are called WiFi extender or Repeater.
These devices are capable of taking an existing signal from a router or an access point and then broadcasting the same signal to create an extended range for the network.
They are also called repeaters because they tend to repeats the signal and make it stronger by bridging with the connection and improving the signal range.
They are very common among large home and offices where a single router fails to deliver the required range.
What’s the difference between a Wi-Fi booster, Repeater, or Extender?
5 Best WiFi Extender of 2018 | Review
Netgear N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender [EX2700]
Netgear has introduced an excellent solution for people struggling with dead zones, this little device can make any network much more efficient in terms of range without taking any space. It directly plugs into the power socket and has two small antennas that significantly boost the range and also promises to deliver speeds up to 300 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band.
As the name suggests the device works on the 802.11n standard of wireless network, another useful feature is WPS button which allows users to connect to any other WPS enabled device without having to enter the SSiD and the network password.
Though the device is very compact, Netgear has thoughtfully placed a fast Ethernet port below the device that can be used to connect any wired device to the network. Overall it is a great choice for people who want a smaller repeater that doesn’t take space, yet manages to get the job done pretty well.
- Extends your Wi-Fi signal to all your smart devices, computing devices and gaming devices.
- Boosts Wi-Fi speeds up to 300Mbps.
- Convenient wall-plug design to save on space.
- Works with any standard router or gateway.
- Ethernet Port for wired connectivity.
- Features high performance external antennas for an enhanced performance.
TP-LINK N300 Wi-Fi Range Extender [TL-WA850RE]
Tp-Link is known for making thoughtful products at affordable prices, now after a lot of research they have delivered an elite looking device that measure just a couple of inches and can be plugged into any convenient power socket.
It make it possible to broadcast wireless signals to places that are unreachable by the existing router, in addition to this the device is also capable of working as a network adapter as it allows users to connect wired devices through its Ethernet port.
The device also come with a Tether app which give the user an easy access to the network management tools from any device, and lastly the LED lights of the device have an option of night mode, so they can be turned off to avoid disturbances. This might be perfect for you if you already run a Tp-Link router or even if you just want a good looking repeater, since it even comes with a universal compatibility guarantee.
- Range Extender mode enhances the wireless signal range to signal dead zone areas.
- Purposely small in size coupled with a wall-mounted design allow easy setup and deployment.
- Expand the Wi-Fi coverage range at the push of a button.
- Ethernet port facilitates wired connectivity of devices.
- Compatible with 802.11n/g/b devices.
- Enhanced control and management through your smartphone with the Tether App.
Netgear AC 750 WiFi Range Extender
This highly efficient device form Netgear is fit for people with heavy to moderate usage, it can be paired up with an AC standard router since it too runs over the same frequency. The most powerful feature of this device is the speed range, it is said to deliver a staggering 750 Mbps which is pretty impressive for a best wifi extender.
As far as design goes there hasn’t been any major change from its other products in the Essential Edition line of network products, it come in a sporty white square frame hardly three inches in size with two powerful antennas to extend the network range effectively.
People who use the latest devices that demand the AC standard of networking for optimum user experience should go for this one.
- Dual band Wi-Fi signals that put out speeds of up to 750 Mbps.
- Supports 802.11ac & b/g/n Wi-Fi ready devices.
- High performance external antennas for better signal delivery.
- Ethernet port facilitates wAccess Point mode allows the creation of a Wi-Fi hotspot from a wired Ethernet connection.
- Compatible with all Wi-Fi router.
- FastLane Technology leverages both Wireless bands to form one super high speed connection.
Securifi Almond – (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen Wireless Router / Range Extender
This is a unique best wifi extender which can also work as an independent router, it is design to be compatible to a huge variety of smart home products which make it stand apart from most of its rivals.
Other than that, this is possibly the first router or repeater to come with its own touchscreen, which allows the user to directly change the modes or even set it up within minutes and get the network running.
The almond repeater is quite capable of delivering speeds of up to 300MBps which is sufficient for any average user, if you already have smart home devices that are struggling to keep it sorted over your home router this one can be a fantastic add on to your existing network system to extend your range and manage all your smart home devices at one place.
- Easy to set up.
- Touch screen ready functionality so no need for external devices for configuration.
- Multipurpose usage: quadruples as a primary Wi-Fi Router, Range Extender, Access Point and Wireless Bridge.
- Compatible with all routers and devices.
- Offers a one year limited warranty.
- Offers unlimited technical support.
NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
This is probably the most powerful range extending device made by Netgear, it retains the uniformed design of the essential edition series.It sports a white square look and measures just a few inches in size.
This best wifi extender delivers a dual band Wi-Fi signal of up to a staggering 1200 Mbps, the plug and play device greatly improves the range and even increases the efficiency of the network by working on dual bands.
This is great for advanced users or for large homes where the existing router does not produce a satisfactory range. People who love to stream HD video and play games over the network may find this product very useful to extend their network’s capabilities.
- Extends your Wi-Fi signal to various devices in your range.
- Enhances your Wi-Fi connectivity to reach speeds of up to 1200Mbps.
- Convenient wall-plug design.
- External antennas for better performance.
- Compatible with all standard routers and gateways.
- Ethernet Port to connect wired devices.
- We’ve learnt that all these devices do the same job. However, their different features and how they go about improving your network coverage in dead zones is what separates them. Each device listed here is tailor made to tackle your network problems, so whether you want to enhance your network speed and range, you will be happy with your choice.