Tri Band Router: 5 Best Tri-Band Wireless Routers For 2019 – Complete Guide
Well, Most people may have already heard about the dual-band range of routers which provide two separate wireless bands, one of these band is a 2.5 GHz and the other is 5 GHz. Similarly, a Tri-band router comes with three separate bands, one of them works on the 2.5 GHz and the other two bands are of 5 GHz each,
These routers are considered ideal for handling several devices at once without any problems, hence they are great for most advanced users or small businesses where the network needs to support a lot of devices.
Typically Tri-Band Routers are capable of delivering very high speeds, some variants are known to deliver a total speed of up to 3.2 Gbps.
So, Without further fuss, let’s take a look at all the amazing Tri-Band Router
Here We have Compared Top 10 Tri-Band Routers
5 Best Tri-Band Wireless Routers Review
1. Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC3200 (8000) – Our Top pick Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
This brilliant device from Netgear is truly appealing with its sleek edges and six short antennas, The Nighthawk X6 is perfect for gamers and advanced users that need a very reliable network. There are various other features that make the router more efficiently in term of speed, performance and even compatibility. And to handle all these advanced features and task effectively the device is also built with a 1 GHz dual-core processor inside.
If you want a strong signal over a large home this might be the good choice for you, with USB ports and Readyshare support is easy to take a quick backup of your windows PC. If you are ready to pay some more money Netgear sells this with a 1 TB hard drive or even a built-in a modem.
Further, the smart connect feature is very reliable in automatically selecting the most appropriate band for the connected devices, if you are looking for a high-end tri-band router from Netgear this one of the best device they offer.
- Ultra-fast 3.2Gbps Wi-Fi connectivity for uninterrupted browsing.
- Tri-Band Wi-Fi to allow connectivity to more devices.
- CSix high-performance antennas with powerful amplifiers to extend Wi-Fi range.
- 1GHz dual-core processor to boost performance.
- Smart Connect intelligently selects the best band for every device.
- Implicit & explicit beamforming for providing stronger signals.
- USB 3.0 port for faster USB file transfer.
2. Linksys AC3200 (EA9200) – Overall
A slightly economical option for the people looking for an efficient tri-band router, priced just below the $200 mark the Linksys AC3200 has all the features that any user can ask for. The brilliant tri-band technology is accompanied by an empowering 1 GHz dual-core processor, the hardware is well equipped with crucial USB and Ethernet ports and body design is also quite elegant.
The router comes with the Linksys “Smart Wi-Fi Application” which allows the user to monitor the network in real time from any connected device. Apart from the three external antennas this device also has three additional internal antennas to ensure more range and a stronger signal, and with Beamforming technology these antennas are used to their true potential by focusing the signal in the direction of the connected device.
Linksys is a trusted brand in the networking industry, this is a great option for people looking to buy a decent looking tri-band router that is packed with useful features.
- Advanced Tri-band Wi-Fi technology to connect more devices.
- Super-fast 3.2Gbps wireless speed.
- Penta-core: 1 GHz dual-core CPU with three integrated coprocessors to deliver more processing power.
- Six active antennas to boost Wi-Fi range.
- Compatible with all operating system platforms.
3. D-Link AC3200 (DIR-890L/R)
The D-Link AC3200 is surely one of the first names that come up while speaking about uniquely design routers, this router has a spectacular look and visual appeal. Along with the sharp looks it is also packed with all the features seem in an AC3200 router and a few extra, though it may seem like a hard-core gaming router this may working amazingly for large homes and small offices as well.
The bandwidth prioritizing feature lets the user experience a more efficient and reliable network even with multiple devices, so each user gets the optimal speed out of the network at all times.
The router also has an inbuilt 1 GHz processor to handle all the complex networking tasks with ease, if you want a router with stunning looks as well as a solid performance then this router is the perfect choice for you.
- Tri-Band speeds with the 2.4GHz band outputting 600 Mbps while the dual 5GHz band outputting a combined 2600 Mbps to support more devices.
- Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and six high-performance antennas.
- Advanced SmartConnect automatically selects the best band for connected devices.
- Intelligent QoS traffic optimization for optimizing the performance of your applications.
- Intuitive user interface for easy network management across your smart devices.
- Advanced security features.
4. TP-LINK AC3200 (Archer C3200)
TP-Link is a quickly emerging networking giant and now they have come out with a router that is directly targeted at gamers and more demanding customers, the Archer C3200 or the TP-Link AC3200 is a great high-end tri-band router and has proven itself very efficient for gaming, streaming, surfing and all the other things that any user can possibly demand.
This is possible because of the devices inbuilt 1 GHz Dual core processor and 3 additional processors that keep the tasks running smoothly at all times.
The device also uses six high powered antennas to deliver a consistent range over a wide area, the tri-band features works fantastically to divide the load of a user across the respective frequency bands. If you want a tri-band router from TP-Link this is possibly one of the best they have to offer.
- Tri-Band wireless technology.
- Smart Connect assigns devices to the best available channel.
- Combined 3200Mbps Wi-Fi speeds for smooth video streaming and online gaming across multiple devices.
- Six high-performance antennas coupled with Beamforming for enhancing the Wi-Fi signal.
- Penta-core processing power with a dual-core 1GHz CPU and three co-processors.
- Tether app allows easy network management.
5. ASUS RT-AC3200 Tri-Band AC3200 – Best Router Under $200
Asus is a highly diverse hardware producer that makes various networking and performance parts, their products are known for their top end performance and efficiency. The high end RT-AC3200 is a premium router from Asus which is not only fast but also one of the most reliable routers according to expert reviews.
The router promises a total transfer rate of 3.2 Gbps like its competitors, but the smart connect feature seems to work far better than most of the other Tri-Band routers of its range. Apart from this, the router has all the basic features like Ethernet and USB ports, another fantastic feature is the ASUSWRT which lets the users use the new interface from ASUS which allows a lot of advanced settings and network preferences.
If you already own an ASUS hardware and want a great router from your trusted company, then this is a great option to consider.
- Smart Connect automatically chooses the fastest band for connected devices.
- USB ports for sharing media across devices, printer sharing, and charging.
- ASUSWRT graphical user interface.
- Fast and easy setup with an advanced network control interface.
- Enhanced security and protection with Trend Micro and AiProtection.
- Robust parental controls and privacy protection features.
- ASUS AiCloud 2.0 for accessing, syncing, sharing and streaming files from anywhere.
Are These Tri-Band WI-FI Routers Really Fast?
- People usually spend a lot of cash on routers and they expect amazing results in terms of speed and performance. These routers come within the premium range of routers and are design to look very appealing, but does it really satisfy your network requirement? Well, that depends on a lot of external factors too.
- Tri-Band Routers mostly work over two bands of frequencies, another recent advancement is the AC standard of networks which they include, it also provides backward compatibility for a,b,g, and n standards of networking technology. The bandwidth output of these devices is amazing but it is limited by the Internet service providers, which means that people can only get the maximum allotted speed according to their internet plans.
- These Best Tri-Band Wireless Routers are useful for networks that are much busier and need systematic networking solutions to keep operating smoothly since this router keeps all the devices distributed over the three available bands. Typically the most demanding devices are transferred to the faster bands, whereas, the device that needs the network for easier tasks are sent to the 2.5 GHz band respectively.
User preferences matter a lot while choosing from an elite line of tri-band routers, however, there are a few things that people must know before going for a router. After looking at our top 5 top routers list, people should get a decent picture of what to expect from..