5 Best Wireless Routers for Multiple Devices (2018)
Nowadays, people everywhere are looking for reliable routers that can handle not only the traditional devices like computers and laptops but also new gaming consoles, printers, tablets and most importantly smartphones and other smart devices.
For this high demand of performance there are quite a few good routers in the market that are made to handle multiple devices with ease, Here is a side by side comparison Guide of the 5 Best Routers for Multiple Devices
Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router with Gigabit (EA9200)
|Six active antennas for optimal speed and maximum coverage on all your devices|
1 GHz dual-core CPU delivers high-speed Wi-Fi for more devices
Advanced Tri-band Wi-Fi technology with 3.2 Gbps wireless speed
ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router [RT-AC66U]
|5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you concurrent dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz for up to super-fast 1.75Gbps|
Dual-band data rates up to 1750 Mbps
Wired Connectivity: 4x LAN, 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet ports
NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S - AC2600 4x4 MU-MIMO Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Router (R7800-100NAS)
|4x high-gain external antennas and Beamforming+ for maximum range|
X4 Architecture for more high-fidelity streams 160MHz, MU-MIMO, and Quad-Stream technology
AC2600 WiFi-800+1733 Mbps speeds with a powerful 1.7GHz dual core processor
D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router With 6 High Performance Beamforming Antennas (DIR-890L/R)
|4K Streaming, online gaming on multiple devices|
Tri-Band - 1 x 2.4Ghz: 600Mbps / 2 x 5Ghz: 1300Mbps
4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high-performance antennas
TP-Link AC3150 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (Archer C3150 V1)
|AC3150 with 4-Stream and NitroQAM technology delivers up to 3150Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over dual 2.4GHz (1000Mbps) and 5GHz (2167Mbps) bands|
4K HD video and play online games simultaneously with powerful 1.4GHz dual-core CPU and 2 co-processors
5 Most Popular Routers for Multiple Devices, Reviewed by Experts
Linksys is a well-known name in the networking industry, and this particular device comes under their premium line of routers.
It is specifically made for heavy usages such as gaming and multiple devices working at once, for this, they have built the device with two high powered 5Ghz bands that can pretty much handle any kind of load with ease.
With its three external and three internal antennas, the range and signal are also staggering, for gamers who rely on sharp latencies and fast speeds may find this to be very useful.
Further, it also comes with an effective beamforming feature that ensures a better and more consistent connection.
- Tri-band connection reduces interference.
- Six antennas supporting beamforming for great signal strength.
- An extreme total speed of 3.2Gbps.
- 802.11ac standard.
- Generous price considering features.
Asus is relatively new to networking but they have made a lot of premium hardware for gamers, this too is designed to serve advanced users and gamers with heavy network usage.
The RT-N66U works brilliantly with dual bands and also manages to deliver an impressive performance and coverage.
Another critical feature is that this device comes with the cutting edge ASUSWRT that allows the users to quickly set up their network or even customize their network access, and this can be done through any of the connected devices, and not necessarily a computer.
Asus has included a new ASUS Ai Radar technology and ensures a stronger connection between the router and the wireless devices.
- Dual-band connection.
- Three removable beamforming antennas.
- Extensive ASUSWRT software suite supporting advanced VPN functions.
- 802.11ac compatibility.
Most people may not be aware with Netgear Nighthawk X4S but the Nighthawk series has been a long-standing range of premium routers from Netgear, this one is an extended version of the previous Nighthawk X4 and now, in the X4S they have made sure that the device does not have any weak points.
The router is fully capable of handling multiple devices at once and still delivers a great performance in terms of speed, range, and consistency.
Being an AC standard this router supports all the other standards that came before it, if you have a large home with multiple devices this can be a good choice for you, the antennas produce quite an impressive range and the router has a total network speed of 2.6 Gbps.
Most people may not be aware but the Nighthawk series has been a long-standing range of premium routers from Netgear, this one is an extended version of the previous Nighthawk X4 and now, in the X4S they have made sure that the device does not have any weak points.The router is fully capable of handling multiple devices at once and still delivers a great performance in terms of speed, range, and consistency.
- 4 beamforming antennas make for great coverage and range.
- 1.7GHz Dual Core Processor.
- 2.5Gbps total speed.
- MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technologies.
- OpenVPN client support.
- Fair price.
D-Link has made a uniquely designed router that manages to grab attention with its striking red color and the drone-like looks, the AC3200 from D-Link is a massive router with eight high powered antennas.
It is a truly premium router and a great option if you are ready to spend a little extra, the router has a total speed of 3.2 Gbps and calls handle more than 50 devices at once.
It can surely be enough for any large home or gaming network, and the beamforming makes the performance even more stable. Another critical feature is the inbuilt 1Ghz Dual Core Processor which allows the device to handle even the most complex tasks with relative ease.
- Six beamforming antennas provide amazing signal strength.
- Tri-band connections allow for many simultaneously active devices.
- Outlandish design.
- Advanced security and VPN options.
People who are looking for a boost in their range, speed, and wireless internet access should surely consider this amazing router called the Archer C3150, it offers a superior level of performance along with cutting-edge technology.
The device was designed specially to be one of the fastest available routers, hence the router is also well equipped with the most premium features like 4K HD streaming and XStream.
The Xstream feature forces each processor to an ideal band, it also monitors the Wi-Fi Traffic and frees up the load out of the CPU from time to time.
There is another feature that enhances the streaming experience, NitroQAM allows four streams to run smoothly at the same time, it is also packed with the regular features like Smart Connect and Automatic Band switching. So if you want a router filled with premium features this one is a great option to consider.
- Comes with four dual-band antennas and great connectivity.
- No-frills design.
- Full VPN server functions.
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output) capabilities.
- 3.15Gbps max speed makes it much faster than equally-priced competitors.
Here are 4 tips to Choose Wi-fi Router for Multiple Devices
- Minimum Speed: These days there is a huge variety to choose from in terms of speed, people must keep in mind that the internet speed depends on the internet connection and the speed mentioned here is the total speed of the network. Some of the most popular variants are the 300 Mbps, 600 Mbps, 900 Mbps and so on, if the internet plan allows the bandwidth these devices can support even the most fastest broadband connections.
- Dual bands: This depends on the user’s requirements, signal band routers are ideal for people living in a small house with not many devices. Since the signal has a significant range these are not suitable for people with heavy usage and multiple devices, hand the dual-band routers on the other band produce a better signal and wider coverage. If you need to use the network over a large area these might be the better choice for you.
- Wireless Standards: These may seem a little complicated to the regular users but its best to get the latest standard router if you have some newer device which requires the AC standard to perform to their maximum potential. Typically the AC standard routers also provide backward compatibilities to all the other wireless standards like a,b,g and n.
- The Security: As of now the best security available for a wireless router is the WPA2 which is also known as Wireless Protected Access II, most of the newer routers will have this included but it is always wise to check as security is very important to protect the people’s sensitive data. Further, the users can ensure solid security with a password with letters, number and special characters too.
- It depends completely on the users whether to choose a powerful high range device or just one that can handle multiple devices, however here we have explained the main features of the Top 5 routers that can handle multiple devices well. After this comprehensive breakdown, it is now possible to determine which device could be the best match according to your requirements.