What is the Best Wireless Router For Multiple Devices? Reviews, Ratings And Buying Guide
(Connect Your New Gaming Consoles, Tablets, Printers, Smartphones And Other Smart Devices – Let’s see An Ideal router for multiple devices)
Router for multiple devices: Nowadays, people everywhere are looking for reliable routers that can handle not only the traditional devices like computers and laptops but also new gaming consoles, printers, tablets and most importantly smartphones and other smart devices.
Perhaps the Internet is making the world go round now more than money does. Whether for personal or for business purposes, having a good Wireless router is a must.With so many wireless routers for multiple devices available nowadays, choosing the right one can be a problem. Likewise, many of these routers can be quite expensive for people who are on a budget.
The following is a product review of some of the best wireless router for multiple devices. The below list should serve as a guide when it comes to looking for your ideal wireless router.
For this high demand of performance, there are quite a few good routers in the market that are made to handle multiple devices with ease.
Experts Prefer These 9 Routers For Multiple Devices In 2018:
- NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 802.11ac/ad Quad-Stream WiFi Router – Fastest Router
- ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router (AC3100) with MU-MIMO (RT-AC88U) – Best For Gaming
- Google WiFi system, 3-Pack – Router – For whole home coverage
- TP-Link AD7200 Wireless Wi-Fi Router – PowerFul
- Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band (EA9200) – Great Performance
- ASUS RT-N66U Dual-Band (AC1750) – best home router
- Netgear Nighthawk X4S (AC2600) (R7800) – Best Over All
- D-Link AC3200 (DIR-890L/R) – For Long Range
- TP-LINK AC3150 (Archer C3150) – Good for gaming
Side by Side Comparison Guide of the Best Routers for Multiple Devices
Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router with Gigabit (EA9200)
|Six active antennas for optimal speed and maximum coverage on all your devices|
1 GHz dual-core CPU delivers high-speed Wi-Fi for more devices
Advanced Tri-band Wi-Fi technology with 3.2 Gbps wireless speed
ASUS AC1750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router [RT-AC66U]
|5th generation 802.11ac chipset gives you concurrent dual-band 2.4GHz/5GHz for up to super-fast 1.75Gbps|
Dual-band data rates up to 1750 Mbps
Wired Connectivity: 4x LAN, 1x WAN gigabit Ethernet ports
NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S - AC2600 4x4 MU-MIMO Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Gaming Router (R7800-100NAS)
|4x high-gain external antennas and Beamforming+ for maximum range|
X4 Architecture for more high-fidelity streams 160MHz, MU-MIMO, and Quad-Stream technology
AC2600 WiFi-800+1733 Mbps speeds with a powerful 1.7GHz dual core processor
D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router With 6 High Performance Beamforming Antennas (DIR-890L/R)
|4K Streaming, online gaming on multiple devices|
Tri-Band - 1 x 2.4Ghz: 600Mbps / 2 x 5Ghz: 1300Mbps
4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high-performance antennas
TP-Link AC3150 Wireless Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (Archer C3150 V1)
|AC3150 with 4-Stream and NitroQAM technology delivers up to 3150Mbps Wi-Fi speeds over dual 2.4GHz (1000Mbps) and 5GHz (2167Mbps) bands|
4K HD video and play online games simultaneously with powerful 1.4GHz dual-core CPU and 2 co-processors
9 Most Popular Routers for Multiple Devices, Reviewed by Experts
#1. NETGEAR Nighthawk X10 AD7200 802.11ac/ad Quad-Stream WiFi Router, Plex Media Server, Compatible with Amazon Alexa (R9000)
The first on the list is this spiky-looking wireless router called the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200. Netgear is known for its high-quality and high-class wireless routers, and this one is no exemption.
The Netgear X10 AD7200 is one of the best routers out there, albeit it comes with quite a hefty price. Nevertheless, its amazing features make up with the price. It’s basically made for the future, but it may not be practical in some devices as of now.
- 802.11ac Quad-Stream Wave2 Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO
- Combined Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps
- 1.7 GHz quad-core processor
- Four dual-band antennas with amplifiers
- 10 Gigabit LAN SFP+ port
- Two Gigabit Ethernet ports that can provide speeds up to 2 Gbps
- 160 MHz Wi-Fi
- Two USB 3.0 ports
- NETGEAR genie app
- Amazon drive backup and Amazon Alexa voice-activated assistance
At first look, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 has a mysterious appeal to it, thanks to its unconventional-looking design and its all-black exteriors. On the downside, this wireless router can be quite bulky and may take up extra space. Its four antennas have blue LED stitched patterns on its sides.
So far, the Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD7200 is one of the fastest routers around. In fact, there are no slowdown encounters when this was tested. Aside from that, this router also passed the proximity test with scores of up to 960 Mbps.
- Impressive Wi-Fi bands
- Useful 10 Gbps LAN SFP+ port
- Easy installation
- Alexa voice-activated assistance
- A little bit pricey
#2. ASUS Dual-Band Gigabit WiFi Gaming Router (AC3100) with MU-MIMO, AiMesh for Mesh WiFi system, and WTFast game Accelerator (RT-AC88U)
Asus is mostly known as a maker of high-quality motherboards and graphics cards. However, only a few may know that Asus is also reputable when it comes to wireless routers.
Asus wireless routers are more preferred by online gamers due to its amazing speed and features that are suitable for online gaming. Along with its high-standard features is its price, which may be quite hefty to some. Nevertheless, the features may eventually change your mind.
- 1024-QAM technology
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- USB data with speed of up to over 100 MB/s speed and download/upload speed of up to 1.8 Gbps
- Wi-Fi connectivity of 2.4GHz and 5GHz
- Wave 2 AC device with MU-MIMO support
- Smart Connect feature
- 8 LAN ports, with USB 2.0 port on the back and another port located under a panel that needs to be opened to access
- Link aggregation support via two of the LAN ports
At first look, it may resemble a robot head. Its red and black ensemble is normally associated with online gaming. Nevertheless, its futuristic design is hard to miss. This router is wider than most routers, with almost 12 inches across and eight inches deep.
At 5GHz, this router has an overall good performance. At 15 feet and directly near the router, it hit 829Mb/s. On the other hand, it downplayed to 772Mb/s at 30 feet but hindered by two walls.
However, the Asus performed better at 2.4GHz. The speed didn’t change even when moving far from the router and was able to hit at 161Mb/ — which is already considered an achievement.
- Ideal for online gaming
- Fast downstreaming / upstreaming
- With 8 LAN ports
- With superb admin software
- Quite expensive
Google is more than just the world’s most used search engine. It has already extended into making wireless routers.
This one is not a router – rather, it’s a Wi-Fi system. The Google Wi-Fi System, aside from looking simple yet elegant, is also versatile and can provide connection experience more than other routers. This Wi-Fi system is recommended for those with large homes and wants excellent connection in all parts of the house.
- Simultaneous dual-band Wifi (2.4GHz / 5GHz) with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support
- 710 MHz quad-core processor with 512 MB RAM for optimum network performance.
- Two high-speed Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Alexa and Google Home voice-activated assistance
The Google Wi-Fi comes with three units, all of which having a simple yet elegant design. Each unit has a diameter of 4.1 inches and a height of 2.7 inches. The units have no antennas.
Compared to other routers, these pack of 3’s are smaller. It also has an LED light which enhances its overall elegant design, making these an ideal router for modern homes.
Despite the size, these can give their much-bigger router competitors a run for their money.
Google Wi-Fi system scored more than 450 Mbps in the 5GHz within proximity – almost at par with TP-Link Talon AD 7200. At long range, it scored at 200 Mbps. In the 2.4 GHz frequency, it scored at 100 Mbps within close proximity and 70 Mbps at long range.
- Impressive Wi-Fi performance
- Simple and elegant design that is perfect in any home
- With propriety app
- Need to log in a Google account to work
The TP-Link Talon AD7200 is the first 802.11ad router ever released. Unlike the first two, this router is more on the affordable side. Plus, it offers several features that are worth the price.
This router is one of the biggest routers around. Its design is also interesting which looks like an inverted table. The antennas are also foldable which turns the router into a flatter surface in an instant. More than its design, this router is also about function.
- 1.4 GHz dual-core processor
- Multi-band technology that can run three different Wi-Fi bands simultaneously
- Wi-Fi speed of 7.2 Gbps (Band 1: 800 Mbps at 2.4GHz, Band 2: 1733 Mbps at 5GHz, Band 3: 4600 Mbps at 60GHz)
- Wireless AC and Multi-User MIMO technologies
- 1 WAN
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- TP-Link one-app solution for easier management and updating
As mentioned, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 has a rather interesting design like a flipped table. Its state-of-the-art foldable antenna not only provides unique appeal to the router but also helps in maximizing range and overall performance.
Based on tests, the TP-Link Talon AD7200 scored 450 Mbps in the 5 GHz within close proximity and almost 250 Mbps at 30 feet. In the 2.4 GHz test, it scored around 100 Mbps within proximity and 80 Mbps at 30 feet. What’s surprising is that it was able to score 950 Mbps in the 60 GHz within close proximity.
- Impressive Wi-Fi band performance
- Easy installation and management thru mobile app
- Affordable price
- Cannot penetrate through walls
Linksys is a well-known name in the networking industry, and this particular device comes under their premium line of routers.
With its three external and three internal antennas, the range and signal are also staggering, for gamers who rely on sharp latencies and fast speeds may find this to be very useful.
Further, it also comes with an effective beamforming feature that ensures a better and more consistent connection.
The Linksys EA9200 is specifically made for heavy usages such as gaming and multiple devices working at once, for this, they have built the device with two high powered 5Ghz bands that can pretty much handle any kind of load with ease.
- Tri-band connection reduces interference.
- Six antennas supporting beamforming for great signal strength.
- An extreme total speed of 3.2Gbps.
- 802.11ac standard.
- Generous price considering features.
Asus is relatively new to networking but they have made a lot of premium hardware for gamers, this too is designed to serve advanced users and gamers with heavy network usage.
The RT-N66U works brilliantly with dual bands and also manages to deliver an impressive performance and coverage.
Another critical feature is that this device comes with the cutting edge ASUSWRT that allows the users to quickly set up their network or even customize their network access, and this can be done through any of the connected devices, and not necessarily a computer.
Asus has included a new ASUS Ai Radar technology and ensures a stronger connection between the router and the wireless devices.
The ASUS AC1750 might not be as fast as the aforementioned Linksys AC3200, but it is a much more well-rounded device, featuring more than just raw speed. Its ASUSWRT system includes a full VPN client, for example, probably the best in its price category. For just $125, you can’t go wrong with the AC1750.
- Dual-band connection.
- Three removable beamforming antennas.
- Extensive ASUSWRT software suite supporting advanced VPN functions.
- 802.11ac compatibility.
Most people may not be aware with Netgear Nighthawk X4S but the Nighthawk series has been a long-standing range of premium routers from Netgear, this one is an extended version of the previous Nighthawk X4 and now, in the X4S they have made sure that the device does not have any weak points.
Being an AC standard this router supports the other standards that came before it, if you have a large home with multiple devices this can be a good choice for you, the antennas produce quite an impressive range and the router has a total network speed of 2.6 Gbps.
The NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S is fully capable of handling multiple devices at once and still delivers a great performance in terms of speed, range, and most importantly, is still barely affordable at about $170.
- 4 beamforming antennas make for great coverage and range.
- 1.7GHz Dual Core Processor.
- 2.5Gbps total speed.
- MIMO (Multiple Input, Multiple Output) technologies.
- OpenVPN client support.
- Fair price.
D-Link has made a uniquely designed router that manages to grab attention with its striking red colour and the drone-like looks, the D-link AC3200 from D-Link is a massive router with eight high powered antennas.
It is a truly premium router and a great option if you are ready to spend a little extra, the router has a total speed of 3.2 Gbps and calls handle more than 50 devices at once.
It can surely be enough for any large home or gaming network, and the beamforming makes the performance even more stable. Another critical feature is the inbuilt 1Ghz Dual Core Processor which allows the device to handle even the most complex tasks with relative ease.
- Six beamforming antennas provide amazing signal strength.
- Tri-band connections allow for many simultaneously active devices.
- Outlandish design.
- Advanced security and VPN options.
- Comes with 3.0 USB ports for better speed.
People who are looking for a boost in their range, speed, and wireless internet access should surely consider this amazing router called the Archer C3150, it offers a superior level of performance along with cutting-edge technology.
The device was designed specially to be one of the fastest available routers, hence the router is also well equipped with the most premium features like 4K HD streaming and XStream.
The Xstream feature forces each processor to an ideal band, it also monitors the Wi-Fi Traffic and frees up the load out of the CPU from time to time.
There is another feature that enhances the streaming experience, NitroQAM allows four streams to run smoothly at the same time, it is also packed with the regular features like Smart Connect and Automatic Band switching. So if you want a router filled with premium features this one is a great option to consider.
- Comes with four dual-band antennas and great connectivity.
- No-frills design.
- Full VPN server functions.
- MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple Input, Multiple Output) capabilities.
- 3.15Gbps max speed makes it much faster than equally-priced competitors.
Quick tips for Choosing Best Wi-fi Router that can handle Multiple Devices
- Minimum Speed: These days there is a huge variety to choose from in terms of speed, people must keep in mind that the internet speed depends on the internet connection and the speed mentioned here is the total speed of the network. Some of the most popular variants are the 300 Mbps, 600 Mbps, 900 Mbps and so on if the internet plan allows the bandwidth these devices can support even the fastest broadband connections.
- Dual bands: This depends on the user’s requirements, signal band routers are ideal for people living in a small house with not many devices. Since the signal has a significant range these are not suitable for people with heavy usage and multiple devices, hand the dual-band routers on the other band produce a better signal and wider coverage. If you need to use the network over a large area these might be the better choice for you.
- Wireless Standards: These may seem a little complicated to the regular users but its best to get the latest standard router if you have some newer device which requires the AC standard to perform to their maximum potential. Typically the AC standard routers also provide backward compatibilities to all the other wireless standards like a,b,g and n. There are also some Ac standards under budget routers available on the market.
- The Security: As of now the best security available for a wireless router is the WPA2 which is also known as Wireless Protected Access II, most of the newer routers will have this included but it is always wise to check as security is very important to protect the people’s sensitive data. Further, the users can ensure solid security with a password with letters, number and special characters too.
It depends completely on the users whether to choose a powerful high range device or just one that can handle multiple devices, however here we have explained the main features of the Top 5 routers that can handle multiple devices well. After this comprehensive breakdown, it is now possible to determine which device could be the best match according to your requirements.