Last Updated on
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Travel Router: 5 Portable Small Wifi Routers 2020 best buy
- 2 Here are 5 Top Rated Travel Routers Reviewed:
- 2.1 We listed Top 5 Travel Routers for 2020: See Comparison
- 2.2 The Facts You Should Know
- 2.3 Top 5 Best Portable Mini Travel Wi-Fi Routers Reviewed
- 2.4 Benefits of having a Portable Router
Best Travel Router: 5 Portable Small Wifi Routers 2020 best buy
Get Wi-Fi Access anywhere with the help of a pocket router or a good travel router
Finding the best travel router is not going to be as easy as we think. Well, Travel routers (Portable Mini WiFi Router) are types of home gateway routers that help you connect your mobile devices conveniently. With them, you can connect your devices in a minute.
Since they have a saved network, you only need to plug them in and all your devices will connect automatically. You are only required to ensure that SSID and Key match for immediate connectivity.
Depending on the type that you choose, a travel router can function in four networking modes. First, you can use it as a router to create your private network. You can also use it as a repeater to improve the poor networks.
Additionally, it can be used as an access point to connect your devices wirelessly to a wired network. Finally, you can use it as an access point where it acts as a wireless adapter. Ethernet cable connects it to a device such as a Smart TV, enabling it to connect wirelessly to the internet.
Here are 5 Top Rated Travel Routers Reviewed:
- TP-LINK IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b 150Mbps Wireless N Nano Router (TL-WR702N) – Best Pick
- D-Link Systems Wi-Fi AC750 Portable Router and Charger (DIR-510L) – Prime travel router for hotels
- Satechi Smart Travel Router with USB Charging Port – Best Under Budget
- HooToo Wireless Travel Router, USB Port, High Performance TripMate Nano (Not a Hotspot)- travel router best buy
- NETGEAR Trek N300 Travel Router, Range Extender, and Wireless Bridge (PR2000) – For Long range
We listed Top 5 Travel Routers for 2020: See Comparison
The Facts You Should Know
There are various brands of Travel routers currently on the market. Their designs and features differ but essentially, there are some things that you should ensure that the device has. Basically, the portable internet connection devices are meant to enhance convenience in your indoor and outdoor activities or when travelling.
Check out the following essentials when choosing one:
- WI-FI Protected Set Up support: This is an alternative to the router’s user logging interface. A physical button press automatically connects you to a wireless client.
- WI-FI guest Zone: This feature secures your connection from unauthorized access of your network devices by the people who use your broadband Internet connection.
- USB charging port: A mobile router that has at least two USB ports is a plus. This will help you share files and charge your device simultaneously.
- Data streaming speed: Data transmission speed varies from one router to another. One spatial stream using 802.11n standard can produce 150Mbps while the single stream can throughput 300Mbps. An 802.11ac standard router produces 433Mbps per stream. You should choose the one that suits your transmission speed’s needs.
- 802.11 standards: Any router that you buy should support at least the 802.11n standard. However, 802.11acroters are faster than 802.11n models.
- Battery power: A router that can operate on a battery power is superior. You may need to connect your laptop, smartphone or other devices while in a car as you are travelling. You don’t have to start looking for an AC outlet; charged battery will help complete your task while enjoying your road trip in your vehicle.
Top 5 Best Portable Mini Travel Wi-Fi Routers Reviewed
It is quite small and compact, thus perfect for internet connections both at home and when you are travelling. It has wireless data rates of 150Mbps which you can certainly rely on for video streaming, making internet calls, and playing online games.
It is multi-functional you can use it as an access point, client access, repeater or as a network bridge.You can conveniently use it since it has a USB cable, power adapter and Ethernet cable. It as well has a micro USB port for charging through an external adapter or USB cable. It works well with devices that have 802.11b/g/n and 2.4 GHz WI-Fi.
- Compact design to take up minimum space while packing and travelling.
- Securely encrypted Wi-Fi network to share with your close ones.
- 150Mbps high-speed connectivity for online gaming and streaming videos.
- Micro-USB port for flexible powering.
- On-Board Antenna.
It is based on 802.11AC network which is ideal for both your wireless hotspot or 3G/4G LTE Internet connection needs. Multiple users can share its network. It is small in size and incredibly fits your pocket. Also, you can Charge your mobile devices on the go with the built-in, high capacity 4000 mAh rechargeable battery.
It has an Ethernet port for cable connection and also USB port for wireless connections. Your network is secured by encryption technologies such as WPA/WPA2 and 128-bit WEP and a firewall. Therefore there will be no unauthorized access to your network. Through D-Link Systems Wi-Fi AC750, You can share files, stream media and with the reliability you can browse the internet because it provides next-generation wireless Ac technology.
- You can stay connected to the Internet with all your devices while on the go.
- Dual band performance for enhanced performance.
- Doubles as a power bank with its high capacity 4000mAh rechargeable battery.
- Share your internet connectivity and exchange your media files with friends on mydlink and SharePort.
You can easily power the router using a USB port or an AC power port. You can well charge two devices such as Smartphone, computer, camera, game consoles, among others without interfering with the router’s main function- networking. You can use Satechi Smart Travel Router to upgrade the poor internet connection in your house up to a speed of 150 Mbps. It works well with EEE 802.11n/g/b devices.
You can use the Portable Mini Travel WiFi Router for four networking modes. First, you can use it as a router to create your private network. You can also use it as a repeater to improve the poor networks. It can as well be used as an access point to connect your devices wirelessly to a wired network. Finally, you can use it as an access point where it acts as a wireless adapter. Ethernet cable connects it to a device such as a Smart TV, enabling it to connect wirelessly to the internet.
- Compatible: Works in over 150 countries around the globe.
- Improves and extends Internet access to all your devices.
- IEEE 802.11n/g/b ready.
- 150Mbps high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Charge two devices at the same time with the AC power port and USB port.
- Compatible with all devices with different operating systems.
HooToo Portable Mini Travel WiFi Router is small in size and has a lightweight making it ideal when you are travelling. It is charged using a USB port and cable. Therefore, diversity in sockets designs will not inconvenience your networking regardless of your location.
With a speed of 150 Mbps and operating on 2.4 GHz, HooToo Wireless uses the wireless N standards. You can use it for three functions, that is, as a router, access point, or as a bridge to enlarge an existing wireless Internet. Through HooToo Wireless, you can share files between USB storage device and IOS/Android devices without using without using a cable.
- Seamlessly stream your media files through the HooToo to connected smart devices.
- Easy configuration to instantly convert a wired network to become a wireless network.
- Bridge a wireless network to create a secure network for personal use.
- Free up space on your devices by backing up large media files and apps from your phone, tablet, etc.
- Small and lightweight for maximum portability.
- Powered by USB for added convenience.
This Portable Mini Travel WiFi Router helps you create a secure network whether at home or far way during your holiday trip. You can securely monitor repair or control your network using NETGEAR Genie Dashboard. This is a plus for the safety of your network.
NETGEAR Trek N300 will improve the poor public WI-FI hotspots for a super faster speed.You can use its USB port to charge your smartphone, printing and storing information. You can also use the mobile router to connect the wired-only devices to a wireless Internet without using any cable. Additionally, it magnifies the existing coverage of your WI-FI network to reach all corners of your home.
- Create your own private, secure network with this NetGear.
- Easy and fast set up.
- Connect multiple devices without paying extra fees to connect all your devices.
- Extends Wi-Fi coverage and eliminates Wi-Fi dead zones.
- Easily pick up and connect to weak public Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Convenient power options.
- High-performance flip out an antenna.
- USB port for storage, printing, and charging.
Benefits of having a Portable Router
- Why should you have a mobile router yet you can connect your devices using other options such as smartphones or fixed WI-FI? First, unlike the public WI-FI where your personal information is vulnerable to hacking, the router has wireless Protected Access and WPA-2 encryption that guarantee maximum security on your connection. You will also be able to access wireless connection even in remote places and if you want, you can share the internet connectivity with others. Low speed will also be a solved problem.
- The Portable Mini Travel WiFi Router will provide you with high-speed 3G and 4G Internet connections either in your home, office or as you travel. Besides, the router is small and fits your pocket perfectly well. When a need arises when you are travelling, you can conveniently use it as a wireless client, access point, or as a router. It is such a multi-functional device that you can rely on your professional connectivity needs.
- Travel WiFi Routers are very flexible to set up and use. They ensure that you access your network any time wherever you are. When you are purchasing one, ensure that you check for basic the features so that you get the value that you need it. Consider choosing one of the five highlighted in this article since they are among the best in the market.