5 Best Router For Gaming That Takes Your Gaming Experience To The Next Level With Cutting-Edge Performance In 2018
Networking devices like routers play a crucial role in tasks related to gaming as any outage or disturbances in the wireless network may have a negative impact on the gaming experience.
The router has to deliver rigorous performance in order to be termed as a gaming router, many factors come into play like the total LAN speed, the maximum number of devices supported, lag-free performance and an excellent signal at all times.
The device must also have all the latest features and technologies that are trending in the industry.
Here are our top choices for the Best Gaming Wireless Routers That You Can Buy.
|Router Name||Image||Features||Check Now!|
ASUS AC3100 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router [RT-AC88U]
| ||1024-QAM technology - 80% faster 5 GHz at up to 2100 Mbps, 66% faster 2.4 GHz at up to 1000 Mbps.|
33% greater 2.4 GHz coverage with a 4-transmit, 4-receive (4T4R) antenna design, able to reach our widest-ever coverage up to 5000 square feet.
Powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor, Faster USB data transfers enjoy up to over 100 MB/s speed and the router download/upload speed up to 1.8 Gbps
Linksys WRT AC1900 Dual-Band+ Wi-Fi Wireless Router (WRT1900AC)
| ||2.4 Ghz & 5 Ghz Simultaneous Dual Wireless Bands For A Strong, Reliable Wi-Fi Signal That Eliminates Dead Zones Even In Multistory Homes.|
4 Gigabit Ethernet Ports Are 10 Times Faster Than Fast Ethernet To Provide The Fastest Wired Speeds.
4 High-performance Antennas For Maximum Coverage & Reliability.
NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 Ultimate Gaming Router AC2350 4X4
| ||Stay in the game with AC2350 WiFi (600Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz) and 1.4GHz Dual Core processor boosts your network performance.|
Reduce lag, packet loss, and ping variance with Quad-Stream X4 Architecture. Ultimate range, speed, and network stability.
Achieve more throughput with Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) Technology.
D-Link AC3200 Ultra Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router (DIR-890L/R)
| ||Enjoy 4K/HD video and online gaming simultaneously with 3 x 3 data streams and 6 high-performance antennas.|
AC3200 Tri-Band speeds (1 x 600 Mbps in 2.4GHz + 2 x 1300 Mbps in 5GHz) to support more connected Wi-Fi devices to your high speed home network.
The 1GHz Dual Core processor gives you powerful wired and wireless speeds.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router (R7000)
| ||1GHz Dual Core Processor and AC1900 Wi-Fi: 600+1300 Mbps Speed. |
Beamforming+ improves range & performance plus High powered amplifiers & antennas to extend your Wi-Fi coverage.
Dynamic QoS prioritizes bandwidth by application and device for the best gaming and streaming experience.
Why the Latest NETGEAR R8500 and ASUS AC5300 are Not In Our Gaming Router List?
Many of our clients, existing and new ones have been asking why we have not listed the latest NETGEAR R8500 and ASUS AC5300 in our gaming router list. Although the routers have recently hit the market with a bang, they are not any better compared to the ones we have already listed.
- New products come with new advanced features, but the NETGEAR R8500 and ASUS AC5300 seem to have come with features that are not supported by most computer systems and hence may also not be compatible with many other devices.
- Reviews also show that there are no clients who have been able to handle the routers yet. Those that bought them when they first hit the market were forced to return and claim their money back or get a replacement as the routers did not deliver as per the specifications.
- In addition to not performing, the routers are extremely expensive compared to other versions which deliver better service and keep you connected for longer. The cheaper routers have been found to provide better and more reliable service that these two.
- Once you connect them to a mobile device, they make the apps less efficient as they become affected by bugs which slow them down. Just to save you from the trouble of buying them, remember that you are better off investing your money where you are assured of getting value out of it. Unless the NETGEAR R8500 and ASUS AC5300 are modified and improved, do not even consider buying them as they will not be useful to you.
The ASUS RT-AC88U router is supported by the 1024 QAM technology which makes it very ideal for gaming purposes. It comes with a 2.4GHz band which is 33% greater than that of other routers. This feature is also enhanced with a 4-transmit, 4-receive antenna (4T4R). This feature makes it possible for the router to cover an area of up to 5000 square feet and hence you can enjoy your gaming uninterrupted.
This router has been designed with many connectivity options. It comes with eight x Gigabit LAN ports where you can connect up to 8 devices compatible with Ethernet technology. The router has been enhanced with a dual-core processor that has download speeds of up to 100Mbps and uploads speed of up to 1.8Gbps on 1.4GHz band. This means that you can enjoy your games without interruption. It has also been installed with WTFast Game accelerator which lets you stream live.
- 1024-QAM technology for faster connectivity.
- Features eight Gigabit LAN ports for enhanced connectivity.
- Powerful 1.4 GHz dual-core processor for fast processing power.
- Smart Connect to automatically choose the best band to connect your device to.
- ASUS AiProtection for a safe and secure online experience.
If you”re looking for a router that comes with the latest technology but one which will not cost you a fortune to acquire, look no further. The NETGEAR Nighthawk router is also known as the AC2350 and is supported by the 802.11ac technology that comes with fast and reliable speed. The router is Wi-Fi enabled and has speeds of 1733Mbps and an additional 600Mbps powered by the 2.4GHz band.It comes with a 1.4GHz processor which is dual core and Quality of Service feature that keeps you gaming without interruptions or jitter-free if you like. The 3.0 USB port enables you to connect additional devices. The 4 x4 (four streams) Wi-Fi architecture enhances 4K video streaming without interruptions. This means that you can stay connected to live games without losing track or score.
The MIMO technology on which the NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 Ultimate Gaming Router is based assures you of simultaneous streaming of data for multiple devices. This means that all your gaming devices can remain connected and uninterrupted.
- Dual-band connectivity that offers 600 and 1733 Mbps speeds.
- Four-stream Wi-Fi architecture for smooth 4K video streaming and lag-free gaming experiences.
- Multi-User MIMO technology offers simultaneous data streaming for multiple devices.
- Powerful 1.4GHz Dual Core Processor.
- Dynamic QoS for smooth gaming.
- Network storage-ready with super-fast twin eSATA and USB 3.0.
- Open Source Support provided.
With the D-Link AC3200 router, you will be happy to know that you can conveniently enjoy 4K/HD video games as well as online gaming concurrently. This is made possible by the three x3 data streams in combination with the six antennas that are of high performance. The router is fully enabled for ultimate Wi-Fi performance with speeds of up to 600Mbps through the 2.4GHz band.
The 5GHz band is also fully powered with speeds of 2 x1300Mbps.This feature allows the router to support many devices to your home network, making it possible to engage in games that require more than one participant. Also, there is the 1GHz dual-core CPU that keeps the speeds up and running even when the connection is congested.
The AC smart beam tracks are additional advanced features that increase the network coverage within your home. This means that you can play your game from wherever you please in your home.
- Tri-Band speeds capable of delivering speeds of up to 600 Mbps in the 2.4GHz band and two 1300 Mbps in the dual 5GHz band.
- Three by three data streams with six high-performance antennas.
- Powerful 1GHz Dual Core processor.
- Advanced SmartConnect to automatically connect your device to the best wireless band.
- Dynamic QoS for smooth gaming.
- Advanced AC SmartBeam and Intelligent QoS traffic optimization.
- Advanced security and encryption features.
The company claims that this router is one of the fastest ac1900 devices made for gaming, it has all the features needed to deliver an enhanced gaming experience. The device is able to deliver a great range with its three no-detachable antennas and is also equipped with the latest beamforming technology that transmits the signal directly to the direction of the user to enhance the signal quality and speed.Apart from the impressive range of this device it even has a few more feature that makes it a true contender on our list of gaming routers.
It can easily manage the load by transferring the users to their most compatible band to avoid congestion, further, if the internet connection is under heavy use the router is also able to prioritize the tasks related to gaming to the user can continue to experience a lag-free gameplay.
Another useful feature that can prove to be a great help to gamers is the Netgear Genie App, it allows the user to manage the network form their smartphone or any other internet enabled the device in real time. The App includes a user-friendly interface that makes the setup process extremely easy and also lets the administrator see all the connected device and disable any unknown or unwanted user directly from the Genie App’s user interface.
- 1GHz Dual Core Processor for a smooth online performance.
- 600 Mbps and 1300 Mbps dual-band connectivity.
- NETGEAR Up App and OpenVPN Connect App allow you to manage or configure your router by simply using your phone.
- Kwilt allows viewing and sharing of media from your router to your USB storage.
- Beamforming plus High powered amplifiers & antennas to improve your range and performance.
The Facts You Need to Know Before Picking a Gaming Router
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports: These are absolutely necessary if the user is going to use the device to gaming, these routers can have up to four high-speed Ethernet ports to connect wired devices and achieve a better latency compared to the wireless devices. Some gamers may need to connect other computers or laptops to simulate a network of devices for gameplay over the LAN, Ethernet ports are the best way to connect multiple devices for a multiplayer gameplay over a home network.
- The 802.11ac Standard: As some people already know “AC” is the latest standard in wireless technology, this means that the device has the capability to broadcast its wireless signals over the 5GHz frequency band which is mostly considered to be free from congestion and even supports faster speeds. Having a router that supports the “AC” standard is great as it also has backward compatibility for all the earlier standards like “b”,”n”,”g” etc.
- Dual Band: This is a useful feature for gaming since having a dual band can automatically transfer the device compatible with the “ac” standard to a separate band to avoid disturbance caused by the excessive load. These day routers are integrated with smart inbuilt features that can automatically detect the device usage and allow the band accordingly. This feature of a single router transmitting through two channels at the same time improves the wireless network capacity.
- Easy Setup: Gamers mostly have a lot of hardware and a complex system, it is nice to have a router which is easy to setup and the user doesn’t have to encounter any complicated issues because of hardware’s compatibility. This is an important feature that people need to look at before buying the router.
- Quality of Service: This is typically used for people who want to have an uninterrupted service on a shared connection, if there is load on the internet connection the router is programmed to prioritize all the needs of the gamer ahead of any other device using the network for surfing, download, etc. many companies have integrated their latest routers with this feature and it is not limited to gaming, it can also be configured to prioritize anything that the administrator chooses.
- Many types of routers are now hitting the market. We strongly advise you to do background checks of each model before committing your money. Different routers are best for different purposes because of the technology behind them, and the internet speeds they have been enabled with. However, you will never go wrong with NETGEAR & ASUS routers.