Last Updated on
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Gaming Ethernet Cables: List of 5 Prime Cables – A Complete Buyer’s Guide
- 1.1 Here are 5 Top Rated Gaming Ethernet Cables Reviewed:
- 1.2 What to Know Before Buying Ethernet Cable for Gaming?
- 1.3 #1. Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable
- 1.4 #2. Mediabridge Cat5 Standards Ethernet Cable
- 1.5 #3. Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable
- 1.6 #4. Vandesail CAT7 LAN Network Ethernet Cable
- 1.7 Final Verdict
Best Gaming Ethernet Cables: List of 5 Prime Cables – A Complete Buyer’s Guide
Finding best ethernet cable for gaming is not that easy task. Well, Compared to Wi-Fi connections, wired connections, specifically, those that utilize Ethernet cables are generally faster and usually have lower latency.
Just like modern Wi-Fi hardware has improved, modern Ethernet cables are also capable of communicating at higher speeds. If you are an avid gamer, you already know how important it is to have a reliable connection.
This makes it imperative that you make the right choice of Ethernet cables in order for you to get the most out of your gaming. We have come up with a list of the Finest Ethernet cables for gaming so as to make your choice easier, but before that:
Here are 5 Top Rated Gaming Ethernet Cables Reviewed:
- Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable – best gaming Cable by Reddit
- Mediabridge Cat5 Standards Ethernet Cable – best brand
- Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable – best for streaming
- Vandesail CAT7 LAN Ethernet Cable – best for Xbox One
- Mediabridge Cat5e / Cat5 Ethernet Cable – best for gaming ps4
What to Know Before Buying Ethernet Cable for Gaming?
- Ethernet cable category: Ethernet cables are standardized into various categories, i.e. Cat-5, Cat-5e, Cat-6, Cat-6a, Cat-7, and Cat-7a. Each category basically indicates the cables’ capabilities. The commonest types of cables used in household applications are Cat-5 and Cat-5e cables, as they are affordable and appropriate for connections up to 100mbps. As for professional and commercial installations, Cat-6 and Cat-6a cables are more appropriate as they offer up to 10gbps. Cat-7 and Cat-7a are the newest types of Ethernet cables and they offer even higher speeds.
- Length: The length of the Ethernet cable tends to affect the signal quality. As the length increases, the signal quality is liable to degrade, which leads to slow transfer rates and reduced network performance. It’s advisable that you choose the shortest length of Ethernet cable possible to connect your devices. Shorter lengths of cables normally come with connectors attached. It is, however, a good idea to measure the distance between the back of your gaming console to the plug-in port on the router and make sure that you choose the right length.
- Compatibility with other equipment; One important consideration for gamers is that many Ethernet cables are made by the original equipment manufacturer. These are normally marked with the OEM brand, and the majority of gamers opt to buy OEM cables because they are guaranteed to work with their specific game consoles. You should, however, check your machine to find out which jacks are present so you can choose cables accordingly. Ensure that whichever brand you choose is constructed in accordance with the same quality standards as your game console.
So, without further trouble, let’s take a look at the Best Gaming Ethernet Cables
#1. Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable
This is a high-performance Cat-6 Ethernet cable that’s ideal for wired home and office networks.
It provides universal connectivity for a wide range of LAN network components, including VoIP phones, NAS, network media players, PoE devices, switch boxes, routers, printers, computer servers, PCs, etc. Cable Matters 160021 Ethernet cable offers outstanding transmission performance and reduced signal losses, supporting up to 550 MHz, and is also appropriate for fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, and 10-Gigabit Ethernet.
This guarantees high-speed data transfer for online high definition video streaming, video surveillance, cloud computing and server applications.
#2. Mediabridge Cat5 Standards Ethernet Cable
This Ethernet cable is appropriate for any Cat-6 or Cat5e Ethernet application, and it is suitable for wired office and home networks.The cable provides universal connectivity to PCs and other network components, including PoE devices, VoIP phones, network attached storage devices, network printers, switch boxes and routers. Mediabridge Ethernet cable also provides you with outstanding transmission performance as well as reduced signal losses. The cable supports up to 550 MHz, and it is appropriate for 10-gigabit, gigabit Ethernet, and fast Ethernet.
It is compatible with devices that come with RJ45 jacks. What’s more is that this Ethernet cable is of adequate durability. The connectors are tightly crimped and booted and are also of good quality.
#3. Cable Matters Cat6 Snagless Ethernet Patch Cable
Made purposely for wired home and office network, this Ethernet cable also provides universal connectivity to a wide range of devices, including PCs, PoE devices, VoIP phones, NAS devices, network printers, switch boxes and routers, etc.
This Cat-6 Ethernet cable is available in various lengths ranging from 1ft to 150 ft.it is also available in 10 different colors. Cable Matters Cat6 supports up to 550 MHz and is appropriate for 10-Gigabit Ethernet and fast Ethernet.
#4. Vandesail CAT7 LAN Network Ethernet Cable
If you have been struggling with slow connections, playing games, streaming videos, music or even surfing the net will never be the same again once you make this Ethernet cable a component of your home entertainment system. Not only is streaming and surfing made fast but uploading and downloading is made really easy and super fast.
The Vandesail CAT7 LAN Network Cable supports bandwidth up to 1000MHz and transmits data at high speeds of up to 10 gigabits per second. This Ethernet cable is ideal for high-performance networking applications, including DSL/Cable modems, routers, hubs, LAN/WAN segments and network adapters, etc.
Compared to the Cat-6 Ethernet cables, this Cat-7 cable features additional shielding and enhanced quality in twisting cables. This helps to boost protection from EMI/RFI interference, noise, and crosstalk that can degrade the quality of the signal.
#5. Mediabridge Cat5e / Cat5 Ethernet Cable
Purposed for wired home or office networks, this Ethernet cable supports both Cat5e and Cat6 applications. It comes with an RJ45 connector that allows the cable to fit perfectly in both Cat5e and Cat6 ports. As for its capability, Mediabridge Ethernet cable is capable of supporting up to 10gbps.
This is ten times the bandwidth of a Cat5e Ethernet cable. This cable also meets (if not exceeding) Cat6 performance in compliance with the TIA/EIA 568B.2 standard. In addition to that, Mediabridge Ethernet cable complies with ISO/IEC 11801.
When choosing Ethernet cables for wired home or office network, the last thing you would want is a cable that gives you short of an incredible gaming experience. You want a cable that is just about the right length, transmits data at high speeds and allows you to connect multiple devices at once. Any of the above top Ethernet cables will allow you to do just that. Choose any one of them and you’ll be surprised at how wonderful your gaming experience can be.