Asus RT-AC66U vs RT-AC68U – Router Comparison
Are you interested in comparing of asus rt-ac66u vs rt-ac68u Router? We have made the task incredibly easy for you. We will explain to you the differences as well as the shared features among the two routers.
The two products of Asus Manufacturers are the best in their respective categories. RT-AC66U is the best AC1750 router while RT-AC68U is the best router among the AC 1900 ones. Don’t worry about the numbers AC1900 and AC1750; they are marketing tools by manufacturers to show the speed at which their routers can run. For instance, AC 1900 shows that the router can run 1900Mbps (1300Mbps on the 5Ghz AC band and 600 Mbps on the 2.4Gbps band) while AC 1750 represents the 1750 Mbps (1300Mbps on the 5Ghz AC band and 450 Mbps on the 2.4Gbps band) that the routers run at.
Asus RT-AC66U vs RT-AC68U – Which One?
Making a right choice requires effort but making the best decision calls for much more energy. You are not alone in this. We will help you in realizing your dream of experiencing the ultimate data transmission efficiency.Your needs should drive your choice.
We are going to identify the differences of the two routers in their features. Match what you need with what each appliance offers and make the best choice. You should also consider your budget since the two have different prices. However, quality should override everything else.
You do not want to have a hectic network experience, do you? Let us now analyze the differences of the two routers.
Asus RT-AC66U vs RT-AC68U : Overview
Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 Router
If your budget is squeezed, don’t worry; Asus has this pocket-friendly router that is still one of the best in the market. However, its 5.0 GHz bandwidth speed is slower when as compared to 68U. On the positive side, its speed on the 2.4 GHz is impeccable. If you are a frequent user on this range, you can count on Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 Router.
Its overall speed is 1750 Mbps, 150Mbps slower than 68U. The CPU Asus RT-AC66U AC1750 Router of is not as powerful as the 68U’s. The router’s speed on transferring data through USB is slower as compared to the later model. If you are a user within 2.4 GHz band, and you want to save some money, 66U router is a better option as compared to 68U.
On the other hand, if you’d like your network to be on a 5.0 GHz range, overlook the additional cost that you will incur for choosing 68U over 66U, and you’ll have an excellent networking experience.
Asus RT-AC68U AC1900 Router
This router is a modification of Asus RT-AC66U AC1750. With this in mind, you will expect it to be faster than the 66U. However, it is not superior in both bands; it has a higher speed on the 5.0 GHz band but slower on 2.4 GHz bands. Generally, its speed is greater than 66U by 170 Mbps. If you need a long range speed, 68U router should be your consideration.
Most of the time quality goes hand-in-hand with price. This comparison is not exceptional. The price of 68U is higher than that of the 66U router. If your budget is not very constrained, or if quality matters to you more than cost, then you should opt for 68U.
RT-AC68U AC1900 Router has a strong core duo central processing unit that makes your heavy usage a simple task. In addition to that, the router’s USB transfers are faster than in the case of the 66U router.
Asus RT-AC66U vs RT-AC68U – Major Shared Features
You cannot go wrong if you consider buying one these two amazing Asus products. You need to know what benefits you gain if you opt to go by any of these gadgets. Both have some features that they share in common:
- Super Fast 802.11ac Standard: If your primary concern is to transmit vast data across airwaves in the shortest time possible (which is the main dream to most router users), then these two will not disappoint you. Both have 802.11ac Wi-Fi performance which is incredibly the fastest in the market. The data transmission speed difference between RT-AC66U and RT-AC68U is minimal though worth noting; 1.75 Gbps and 1.90 Gbps respectively.
- Airadar With Beam Forming Technology: To optimize on Wi-Fi performance both routers have AirRadar beamforming which detects your location and positions the detachable antenna to wherever you are consequently ensuring maximum Wi-Fi coverage. The new technology makes the routers the best imaginable data packet transmitters.
- Simultaneous Dual Band: Both models run 5 GHz and 2.4GHz bands simultaneously. With the presence of AC wireless cards, Asus has strived hard to balance the users on both bands. This is a premium feature on these gadgets as compared to the earlier models.
- AiCloud Access from Anywhere: Nothing is more convenient as the ability to access your network even when you are far from its location. The routers have USB 3.0 ports which you can use to share media. You can access the files shared via USB remotely by use of AICloud app. All you need it to download the application in either Google Play or aApp Store. With this app, you are also able to control and monitor the routers’ users.
- USB 3.0 Ports: Speed is paramount in any network. Both router models have super speed USB 3.0 ports that work perfectly for HD streaming, in addition to USB 2.0 ports. The former has 20 times increased bandwidth than the latter. These ports enable you to share files, printers and 3G conveniently.
- Multiple Wireless Networks: Did you know that both RT-AC66U and RT-AC68U can hold more than one Wireless Local Area Networks? Now you know. Each one of them can host up to 3 WLANs! Which is quite impressive. Multiple Wireless Networks Make These routers super Fast.
- Quality of Service: An uncompromised network is what Asus is assuring you. Your data packs that are easily susceptible to damages are delivered safely and very fast to or from your network end. Besides, your system is protected by a firewall in the form of DDoS, protection, web services filter and keyword filter.
Compare ASUS (RT-AC68U) AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router Vs ASUS RT-AC66U Dual-Band AC1750 Gigabit Router
- RT-AC68U was the fastest Wi-Fi router on the market at the time of its release in 2013. Although there have been other faster routers since then, it is still one of the most preferred and the best.
- RT-AC68U predecessor RT-AC66U which was released in 2012 is equally good and has a competitive advantage- it’s fair price. The two have similarities in their features.