Table of Contents
- 1 TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router Review
- 2 Features and its Benefits
- 3 Advantages of The TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router review
- 4 Bottom Line
TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router Review
The TL-WDR3500 is an amazing router from TP-Link. This affordable router works well for most homes and small offices.
Through some intensive manipulation, users have access to a total of 600Mbps bandwidth.
Despite this router being so feature filled, it comes at an extremely low price. This is definitely the route of choice for those who want quality combined with low cost.
The router has a very powerful signal made possible by a pair of antennae.
What We Liked?
- Reliability of the connection
- Secured connections
- Affordable price for an N600 router
- Antennas can be upgraded
What We Didn’t?
- It does have guest WLAN
- Lacks support for user of third party firmware.
Features and its Benefits
- Speed & Range: This router comes with two bands. Firstly, there is the 5GHZ band. At this band, the router operates at a speed of 300Mbps. Secondly; there is the 2.4GHZ band. The router can achieve a speed of 300Mbps at this band. There is also the dual band mode, which allows for a speed of 600Mbps. With the router, one can stream anything from within the range of their house. The router has a surprisingly powerful range. This is made possible by the use of a pair of antennae. It works well for any medium sized house, even managing to go through ordinary house walls.
- Sharing Features: The router comes equipped with a USB 2.0 port. This allows one to share files, printers and other types of media with different devices within their home network. The device also comes with an FTP server, which makes it possible to share files when one is not at home.
- Easy Setup and Security: This Tp-Link TL-WDR3500 router features the one button security setup. All one has to do is press the button labeled WPS. This establishes a secure WPA2 network. This is better than using the WEP encryption. The WPA2 is faster to setup and does not require one to recall any passwords.
Advantages of The TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router review
- TP-LINK Tether App: This great app works on both android and iOS devices. However, the iOS has to be 7.0 and above. The android version should be 4.0 and above with the app, one can view who is connected to their router and block them. In addition, the app offers the parental control option.
- Easy To Use: The router comes with an instructional CD. This will prove crucial to helping one set up their router and configure all the settings. Even novices who have never set up a router in their life will have an easy time. It has a systematic guide on how each item in the router needs to be configured.
|Data Transfer Rate||600 Mbps|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS|
|Dimensions||11.22 x 2.68 x 8.78 inches|
|Wireless Type||802.11 a/b/g/n|
Compare TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router Vs
TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home Router vs NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless Router vsTP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band
|Name of the Router||TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600||TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450||NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless Router||TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band|
|Editor Ratings||(3.9 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)||(4 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)|
|Data Transfer Rate||600 Mbps||450 Mbps||150 Mbps||1750 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 ABGN||802 11 BGN||802 11 BGN||802 11 AC|
|Bands||Dual Band||Single Band||Single Band||Dual Band|
|Security||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)|
|Link||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW|
One of the reasons people should buy this router is that it is dirt-cheap. Tp-Link TL-WDR3500 is among the few routers below $50 that offer quality. TP-Link is a quality brand, which prides itself in quality products.
Users should buy this router because of the speeds possible. With a dual band speed of 600Mbps, few other routers can compete with it at that price. This will be great for people who stream heavy stuff.
The third reason is the warranty. It comes with a comprehensive warranty of two years, which is awesome. However, one will never need to use it. This is due to the awesome build quality of the router. It is still awesome that the company offers such a great warranty.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
- Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)