Table of Contents
- 1 TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router Review
- 2 Tp-Link Archer C7 Main Features
- 3 Other Benefits Of Archer C7
- 4 Final Verdict
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router Review
The Tp link archer c7 ac1750 wireless router is a tp link router that supports 802.11ac of the IEEE Standard.
It has Dual Bands of 2.4GHz 450Mbps and 5GHz 1300Mbps in simultaneous connection for a total of 1.75Gbps bandwidth.
The dual USB ports make sharing of printers, files and media easier with networked devices, both locally and remotely (through the FTP server).
In addition, the Archer C7’s Guest Network Access provides secure Wi-Fi access for guest sharing in both office and home networks.
Why Tp-Link Archer C7 Is The Best ac1750 Router ?
The 802.11ac is dubbed as the next (or 5th) generation of Wi-Fi. It is 3 times faster than N speeds, making the tp link archer c7 v2 the good choice for consistent HD video streaming and lag-free online gaming.
The 2.4GHz band can handle simple tasks like sending e-mails or web browsing while the 5GHz band can process bandwidth intensive tasks like online gaming or HD video streaming, all at the same time.
What We Liked?
- For a router belonging to the next generation, the Archer C7 is affordable with very good wireless coverage. It has strong external antennas that won’t turn upside down or tilt easily.
What We Didn’t?
- This device has limited wireless settings. You can’t set it down to 802.11n if you want to leverage the speed gains on your network.
Tp-Link Archer C7 Main Features
- Speed and Range: It has an impressive wireless coverage. After testing it in the 2.4GHz band, the router’s throughput slowed by 10% at a distance of 5 to 30 feet. At 5GHz, the throughput dropped at about 8%. This is quite good, considering that most top performing routers often drop about 15% or more.
- Build and Designing: Tp-Link router has three 5dBi detachable antennas. These antennas are well built to prevent from flopping over or tilting as what you have probably seen on other devices. Because they are quite thick, the Archer C7’s antennas will always stay upright.Like any other router, the archer c7 router setup has the usual LEDs you’ll find on its front panel.The back panel has two USB 2.0 ports that support the external drives and printers. Also found on the back panel are the WPS/reset button, the toggle button (for turning the wireless radios on or off), the Gigabit WAN port, the 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the antenna connections and the power switch.This device also has 3 internal antennas in addition to the external ones.
The configuration of this hardware contributes to the superior Wi-Fi range of this device. There are 802.11ac routers out there that can hold up to 1,700 Mbps at 5GHz. Top performing routers like these have almost twice the price of the tp-link Archer C7.
- Performance: This tp-link archer c7 router offers unusual performance with the new 802.11ac technology. The downstream speeds in the same room and one room away are fine, averaging as high as 50MB/s. This one delivers a good performance but not at the top among the tested 802.11ac routers.It just doesn’t have the hardware specifications to equal the premium routers of other brands. However, its performance is satisfactory for most tasks the average home user would do on a network such as stream a movie from Netflix, VPN to the office, check e-mails, and so on.
Other Benefits Of Archer C7
- Setup & Security: The archer c7 router setup has an easy one-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button. This device also has the Easy Setup Assistant with multi-language support that provides you with a quick and hassle free installation process.
- Warranty & Support: The TP-LINK company has a team that provides a 24/7 toll-free technical support. Whether you bought one or more of their products yesterday or even a year ago, they will help you with the configuration, product setup and tp link firmware at no extra charge. What’s more, their 2-year warranty grants you worry-free service for your peace of mind.
|Data Transfer Rate||1750 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 AC|
|model number||Archer C7|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and below, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux|
|Dimensions||6.4 x 9.6 x 1.3 inches|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C, 802.11 a/b/g/n|
|No.of USB PORT||2|
COMPARE TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router Vs
TP-LINK AC1900 Dual Band vs NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router vs D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Home Cloud
|Name of the Router||TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band||TP-LINK AC1900 Dual Band (Archer C9)||NETGEAR AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router||D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Home Cloud|
|Editor Ratings||(4.2 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.3 / 5)||(4 / 5)|
|Data Transfer Rate||1750 Mbps||1900 Mbps||1750 Mbps||300 Mbps|
|Wireless Comm Standard||802 11 AC||802 11 AC||802 11 AC||802 11 BGN|
|Bands||Dual Band||Dual Band||Dual Band||Single Band|
|Security||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)|
|Link||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW|
If you’re looking for an 802.11ac but aren’t concerned with speed, this tp-link router is not a bad choice. This one offers good throughput with good wireless coverage. The unit lacks quite a few of the extra treats other companies are including in some of their devices, but this device is half the price of other top routers.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
- Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)