Table of Contents
Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Router Review
Examining Securifi Almond Touchscreen Router
The Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Router is one of its kinds in the market. This single band router can also be used as an extender from another router around the home.
The uniquely styled router is well suited for small homes, it can handle light browsing and light file sharing tasks. The technology however is still limited to the 802.11abgn 2.4GHz with three 10/100 Ethernet ports
The outstanding feature that makes this router and range extender is the touch screen management interface. This means that you do not need a PC for setting up and management. The product unlike the others in the market is a single-band router.
What We Liked?
- Easy to use touch screen user interface that is both intuitive and finger-friendly.
- It can be used as both a wireless bridge and a router for internet access.
- Easy to set up and manage without the need to have a computer or tablet.
- The nomap prevents Google from recording the router on its Location Tracking Database, which enhances security.
What We Didn’t?
- The user is limited to a single band.
- There is not Ethernet Gigabit support with the router.
- The router is somewhat slow as compared to the other routers currently on the market.
- The router doesn’t match up to the 802.11ac standard.
Features and its Benefits
- Speed and Range: The dual antennae allow you to access speeds off 300Mbps over a 2.4GHz that is limited to 802.11bgn as opposed to the 802.11ac standard that is the benchmark for routers on the market currently.
- Build and Designing: Securifi Almond has a compact and trendy design that works to improve aesthetic value of your living space.This router has a rather compact design measuring 4.75”x 4.5”x 1.5” (W H D) in a tower like orientation. The front is occupied by a 2.8-inch touch screen control pad with a colorful interface that reminds you of the Windows 8 home page tiles.
- Wifi Extender: The router also doubles as an wifi extender for internet connectivity. What this means is that you can use it to project internet connectivity to other parts of an office or home by pairing it with another router.
- connectivity: you can use Securifi Almond touch screen router from Securifi to connect devices that only use Ethernet to the WI-FI network. These may include TVs, old PCs and printers. Once connected to the fiber cables coming into your home, you can enjoy connectivity over a secure network with WEP, WPA and WPA2 profiles.
- 3 Minutes Setup: A simple set-up wizard will guide you through the process in less than 3 minutes, giving you the option of setting the gadget up as a wireless bridge or a router. You can access and manage network security settings, software updates, clock, weather and screen modes.
- Warranty & Support: This product is manufactured in the United States and, therefore, meets all quality assurance standards. You get a one year warranty and customer support from the date of shipment. The product is available online and in computer accessories stores country wide.
Advantages of The Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Router
- Touch Screen: Easy to use touch screen user interface that is both intuitive and finger-friendly.
- compatibility: Supports IPv6 protocol, so you don’t have to upgrade when there is the need to shift to that protocol. Since you do not need a computer to manage it, you can use it with tablets and smartphones with ease and convenience.
- Nomap: The default SSID’s ‘nomap’ Tag prevents Google from recording the router on its Location Tracking Database, which enhances security.
|Screen Size||4 inches|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mbps|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and below, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux|
|Dimensions||4.8 x 12.2 x 10.9 cm|
If you are looking for a simple single band router for light internet activity, then Securifi Almond touch screen router is the kind of product that you should get. The one benefit is that you can also use it as an extender with other routers. The price is also friendly as is the user interface.
Limited to light browsing activities like Facebook, email and other activities that do not require fast and strong connections. It is not a good option If you are into streaming and online gaming.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
- Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)