Table of Contents
- 1 NETGEAR N150 RangeMax Wireless Router (WNR1000-100NAS) review
- 2 Features and its Benefits
- 3 Advantages of the NETGEAR N150 RANGEMAX WIRELESS ROUTER
- 4 Bottom Line
NETGEAR N150 RangeMax Wireless Router (WNR1000-100NAS) review
What Company Says About this Router – NETGEAR has dominated the market since 1996. We have proved to be a global provider for top notch networking and technologically advanced products.
We work around the clock to ensure that you receive high end quality products and modern networking solutions in your home.
Wireless Rooters have the ability to support around 4 Ethernet lines and a number of wireless connections for an array of devices.
They can deliver wireless speeds that can only be compared to direct lines. They support a variety of devices such as wireless TVs, mobile phones, game consoles among other devices that are Wi-Fi enabled.
What We Liked?
- With its well known black shiny chassis approach, this item is well styled. It has an array of blue status lights that are very cool and a small footprint. It has a usage meter that can monitor traffic volume.
What We Didn’t?
- The only disadvantage with this product is the fact that its free technical support always expire after a 90 day lapse. Otherwise, this item has outstanding features.
Features and its Benefits
If you stay in a standard size home or an apartment with a number of devices that require connections, the netgear n150 best buy router will suit you just fine.
Because we are aware that constant loss of Wi-Fi can be frustrating, we have relevant information for you to help receive strong and fast signals in all the rooms in your house.
- Speed and Range: It doesn’t implement a dual stream wireless; instead, it uses a special chip that can support a single stream specification of 150Mbps speed. Even at this speed, it is by far faster compared to the earlier 802.11 standard.
- Features: When it comes to security features, this cost-effective netgear wireless router will provide a double firewall protection. This includes a Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) and a Network Address Translation (NAT). SPI is responsible for detecting data packages that have signatures thus betraying malicious sources and NAT hides your PC on a local network behind one network IP address.
- Security: Double protections extend to methods of encryption, which include WPA/WPA2 and WEP. WPA/WPA2 is also Wi-Fi Protected Access. These encryption method hackers have been unable to topple. Although WPA/WPA2 can supersede WEP, Wired Equivalent Privacy, you will be just fine with it.
If you are still using the earlier Wi-Fi generation that connects with 802.11n, WEP is for you. WPA/WPA2 mainly protects you when communicating via netgear n150 wireless router if only you are using the current generation Wi-Fi. Its firewall can beat nasty hacks and denial of service attacks that are intended to immobilize your internet services using a number of despicable tactics.
- Setup & Installation: Wi-Fi Protected Service has the ability to secure your devices by simply pushing a button. The administration of such settings is mainly done via a web interface.Netgear n150 wireless router setup and installation is solely facilitated using an installation CD.
This product comes with a 90 day technical support, which is done via email and telephone, and a 1 year warranty. Its website hosts the netgear n150 firmware, discussion forums, driver software and a knowledge base.
Advantages of the NETGEAR N150 RANGEMAX WIRELESS ROUTER
- parenting control: With the netgear wireless router, parental control is substantial. As a parent, you can block about 50 content categories using a simple Domain Name System. Even when you are not at home, you can manage settings by use of a browser interface.There is also another feature that allows you restrict internet access at a particular time during the day.
If parental control is crucial for you or your internet service provider charges more for bandwidth especially beyond a particular allocation, consider the netgear n150 wireless router setup.
- Ethernet Ports: It makes use of Fast Ethernet ports whereby one serves the purpose of internet connection. Four other ports are present where you can attach your devices and PC to a local network that is connected to a wireless router.
If your internet provider charges and allocates download limits past a particular threshold, then the netgear n 150 will assist you stay within your budget.
|Data Transfer Rate||150 Mbps|
|model number||WNR1000-100NAS (G54/N150)|
|Operating System||Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows 7, 8.1, 10, Linux|
|Dimensions||6.9 x 4.7 x 1.1 inches|
Compare NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless Router (WNR1000-100NAS (G54/N150) Vs
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home vs TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home Router, 450Mbps vs TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router
|Name||NETGEAR RangeMax Wireless (WNR1000)||TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home||TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home||TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band|
|Editor Ratings||(4 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)||(3.9 / 5)|
|Data Transfer Rate||150 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||600 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 BG||802 11 BGN||802 11 BGN||802 11 ABGN|
|Bands||Single Band||Single Band||Single Band||Dual Band|
|Security||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)|
|Link||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW|
Maintaining a clear Wi-Fi signal is difficult and complicated. You can always opt to avoid spending extra cash on new routers but if you discover that, your issues can’t be resolved by channel change, relocation, firmware update or antenna update, maybe it’s time to think about purchasing a best cheap router.
The units come equipped with an off/on switch not forgetting an external power supply. Also available in the box is an ADSL filter together with a network plus a telephone cable for you to get started easily.
We invite you to share your experience with our products. Tell us what you feel needs improvement and we will take care of it.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N) - V3
- Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router Dual Core 800MHz Processor - Router Only (R6400-100NAS)