Table of Contents
- 1 Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
- 2 Features and its Benefits
- 3 Advantages of the Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart
- 4 Bottom Line
Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart Wi-Fi Gigabit Router
The Linksys WRT1900ACS wireless router is an upgraded version of their older WRT1900AC routers which were packed with the most advanced hardware in the market, it had a 256mb DDR3 memory and 1.2GHz processor.
Linksys has now significantly upgraded these specification in the WRT1900ACS, now it runs on a 1.6GHz dual-core processor and 512MB RAM which is double the memory of the previous version.
Overall the Linksys WRT1900ACS is quite a powerful router with a lot of critical features and a sleek interface packed into their classic black and blue designed chassis, this has been a signature look for the WRT series routers which made their way to the market many years ago.
The router even supports the Open WRT firmware which lets the user get the most out of the device without waiting for product specific firmware updates from Linksys.
What We Liked?
- Comes with the QoS feature that cuts down the buffer times of online videos.
- Impressive Performance and Range.
- Easy to understand Setup and Interface.
- The Router’s Firmware is flashable via OpenWRT.
What We Didn’t?
- Has a tendency to heat up.
- Highly Priced.
- Cannot set the 5GHz band in the 802.11aconly mode.
Features and its Benefits
- Speed and Range: The WRT1900ACS runs on the efficient three-stream technology which means that it is a (3×3) 802.11 router, it delivers speeds of up to 1.3Gbps when set at the 5GHz frequency band and a staggering 600Mbps on the commonly used 2.4Ghz band.
Though there are a few higher tier routers available this model remains the best linksys router for home use, because all the common device that use the router for wireless connectivity like Smartphones, laptops, etc. only support 3×3 setup at the most. Using a higher tier router would not affect the real-performance of the network since the speed depends on the connected device too.
- Build and Designing: The Build and design of this router is similar to it’s predecessor, it has retained some crucial features like the the four LAN ports and one Internet or WAN Port.It comes along with one USB 3.0 port and a USB 2.0 port which can be used for an eSATA connection.
There are a number of LED status lights on the front to show the current status of the router, these lights can be turned off from the router’s web interface if needed.
Advantages of the Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual-Band Smart
- Setup & Security: The Newer Linksys devices have the most easiest router setups, the initial setup doesn’t take more then two minutes to get the network running.
Firstly, the setup will need the user to name their connections and set passwords, then you will be prompted to create a router passwords which wil be need to access the settings.
Finally, it give you an option to create a Smart Wi-Fi account which allows you to access the router’s settings via a smartphone application. Linksys has also incorporated a parental control feature available through it’s web interface, it allows you to restrict network access for certain devices and can even block selected sites for a particular device.
- Warranty & Support: Linksys provides a limited warranty for all its routers which can be from 12 to 24 months depending on the country, within this warranty you can avail their 24 hours support which efficiently solves all problems that you may come across.
|Data Transfer Rate||1900 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 AC|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8 and below, MAC OS, NetWare, UNIX or Linux|
|Dimensions||9.76 x 7.67 x 2.01 inches|
|Wireless Type||802.11B, 802.11G, 802.11n, 802.11A, 802.11 A/C|
Compare Linksys WRT AC 1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router Vs
TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band vs TP-LINK AC1900 Dual Band (archer c9) vs NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band
|Name of the Router||Linksys WRT AC 1900 Smart Wi-Fi Router||TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750 Dual Band||TP-LINK AC1900 Dual Band (archer c9)||NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band|
|Editor Ratings||(3.7 / 5)||(4.2 / 5)||(4.3 / 5)||(4.3 / 5)|
|Data Transfer Rate||1900 Mbps||1750 Mbps||1900 Mbps||1900 Mbps|
|Standard||802.11 AC||802 11 BGN||802 11 AC||802 11 AC|
|Bands||Dual Band||Dual Band||Dual Band||Dual Band|
|Security||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)|
|Link||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW|
The Linksys WRT1900ACS is a well built router which retains the distinctive linksys style along with strong quality, the wireless performance is at par with any other wireless router made for domestic use.
The range it produces with the four antennas is also quite impressive, they may even introduce a firmware update in the future to further improve the routers functionality.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-064G-GN6MA)
- SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC UHS-I Card with Adapter, Grey/Red, Standard Packaging (SDSQUNC-032G-GN6MA)
- AmazonBasics AA Performance Alkaline Batteries (48-Pack) - Packaging May Vary
- HP 61 Black & Tri-color Original Ink Cartridges, 2 pack (CR259FN)