Table of Contents
- 1 Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router (EA9200) Review
- 2 Features and its Benefits
- 3 Advantages of the Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
- 4 Bottom Line
Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router (EA9200) Review
The Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router is one of the most elite routers manufactured by Linksys which is a leading Networking Solutions Company based in America. It delivers staggering wireless speeds since it’s a Tri band gigabit router which was primarily designed for device-heavy homes to handle the load of multiple connected devices with ease.
The router comes with plenty of features including a Smart Wi-Fi App which enables the users to completely control their home network from literally anywhere.
Linksys has taken special care to make this device truly efficient in terms of speed, performance and build quality since the EA9200 comes in their elite range for routers.
What We Liked?
- Highly efficient Tri Band Router with good performance in both 802.11n and 802.11ac standards.
- Easy to use and well-designed interface.
- Supports Beamforming technology for better and consistent signal.
- Compatible with the Smart Wi-Fi Application that makes network management easy.
What We Didn’t?
- Slightly Overpriced.
- No Lights or indicators to show the status of the router and the connection.
- Range is not the best in its class.
Features and its Benefits
- Build and Designing: Previous wireless router designs featured a square box with three protruding antennae, multiple network ports that seemed crowding and an array of LED blue lights indicator. In its defense, TP-LINK WR940N V3 comes with a similar design but a smaller footprint. Generally, a more compact design is preferable. Additionally, the antennae are hidden inside the casing and away from its ports.
- Speed & Range: This top end Linksys Tri-band router works on one 2.4 GHz band and two 5 GHz bands, the total speed of all three bands together comes up to 3.2 Gbps which is quite impressive. However, users will only be able to experience these staggering speeds over the LAN network, because the speed of the internet is limited by the service providers and the modem devices too. As far as range is concerned, the router managed to deliver a sustained speed of around 600 Mbps at a short range of 15 feet and the speed reduced to 243 Mbps when tested at 100 feet.
- Sharing Features: The Linksys AC3200 has four Ethernet LAN ports to share the internet to devices that do not support wireless technology, it also supports the network accessed storage functions with its two USB ports. When tested the 3.0 USB port delivered a read and write speed of 30 Mbps which is average compared to some of the other elite routers in its range.
- External Storage Support: The Linksys Tri-Band Router comes with two USB ports out of which one is a 3.0 port and the other is a 2.0 port, it supports sharing media device like hard drives to share the data over the network without the need of a dedicated server. The sharing speeds are quite impressive and supports flawless HD streaming over the home network, however the hard drive cannot be used to create backups using the time machine software for MAC devices.
- Easy Setup and Security: The Setup is made very easy with the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Software, the user just needs to connect the router to the computer and launch the software. The software then guides the user through a quick hassle free setup, even after the setup is done the software can help in monitoring and troubleshooting too. The Security options provided with the router include network maps to check all the connected device and stop any unauthorized access, parental controls to filter your child’s internet usage and also the latest wireless security encryption technology like WPA and WPA2.
Advantages of the Linksys AC3200 Tri-Band Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Beamforming: One of the latest technology that ensures a consistent connectivity by eliminating the possibilities of interference and congestion, the Linksys AC3200 is designed to beam the wireless signal in the direction of the connected device with its three high quality antennas. Beamforming technology significantly improves the quality of the connection with this signal processing technique.
- Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Software: This router has been made compatible with Linksys’s Smart Wi-Fi Software, it provide the users with a comprehensive set of tools to setup and manage the home network with ease. These tools can also be access from any mobile device by downloading the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi App to a smartphone, it gives the users some options to monitor the connected device and prioritize the bandwidth according to their preferences.
|Data Transfer Rate||3200 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 AC|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10, Mac OS|
|Dimensions||25.1 x 8.8 x 20.4 cm|
|Wireless Type||802.11 A/C, 5.8 GHz Radio Frequency, 802.11 a/b/g/n|
This Linksys Tri-Band router is an ideal choice for people who mostly need a faster throughput to support their streaming and gaming needs, being a tri-band router it keeps the devices performing well and without any congestion and by automatically assigning client devices to the most appropriate frequency band for optimum performance.
It comes in a little expensive than its competitors but is complete worth it since Linksys is a trustworthy brand that provide good support too, we would recommend buying this router to anyone who needs a faster performance and is not running on a tight budget.
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)
- Google Wifi system (set of 3) - Router replacement for whole home coverage
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- TP-Link N450 Wireless Wi-Fi Router, Up to 450Mbps (TL-WR940N)
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)