Table of Contents
- 1 D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Home Cloud Enabled Router (DIR-605L) Review
- 2 Features and its Benefits
- 3 Advantages of the D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps
- 4 Bottom Line
D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Home Cloud Enabled Router (DIR-605L) Review
D-Link is a giant networking company that started of making network adapters in 1986.
this Taiwan based company has grown exponentially through the years and now it develops and manufacturers all networking components.
D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Cloud Router also known as the DIR-605L is a very affordable router which comes with the convenience of a cloud based features.
D-Link DIR-605L Cloud Router has 4 Fast Ethernet Ports that give you the flexibility to connect wired devices to the network.Check The Availability and Latest Price here..
What Makes This Product Stand Out?
D-Link has made the DIR-605L Cloud Router surprisingly economically, as its price was announced to be only $40 at the CES. It is quite an efficient device even though it works on one single band and has no USB ports, however it offers the user with cloud features which allows them to manage the device from any internet enable device with the D-link Mobile app. Another thing that makes it stand out apart from its price is the size of the router, it’s quite compact but may seem bulky in width.
What We Liked?
- Efficient Wireless performance at very low price.
- Flexibility of managing network settings from anywhere.
- Provides a very stable wireless signal.
- Compact Design and good finishing.
- Cloud Based Router.
What We Didn’t?
- Lacks IPv6 support and guest network feature.
- Require you to buy the premium version of their app to avail all the features.
- No USB port or media sharing.
Features and its Benefits
- SmartBeaming Technology:The router has two large and elegant antennas, these antennas are not detachable or upgradable but perform quite well as the router works on a single band.
- Simple Interface: D-Link uses the same old web interface for the DIR-605L but it can be accessed from any device and is not limited to local network devices, this makes managing networks easier than ever.
- Build and Design: The built design of the DIR-605L is quite impressive and compact, though it may seem a little bulky in width the device can easily fit in your hand. It is only available in black color and has two large antennas that are fixed to the chassis.
- Speed & Range: This router was tested at close range and it delivered 41Mbps, whereas at 100 feet it managed to maintain an average speed of 37Mbps. It holds a stable connection without any disturbances or disconnections, at the given price this is quite impressive and the maximum range is around 200 feet which is great for a router of this size.
Advantages of the D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps
- Setup & Security: The DLink DIR-605L does not come with any Setup CD, however they provide a quick install guide that gives instructions of how to connect the router to the PC and access the web interface thereafter. Once you get to the D-link Service page it guides you through the necessary steps to get the network working in no time. It lacks some crucial features like parental controls and guest user access control but works on WPA/WPA2 wireless encryption for added security.
- Warranty & Support:All D-Link products come with a limited warranty of 1 year for the part and labor, in case of defective devices they accept returns for 45 days after the purchase and even provide replacements up to 1 year. The company also offers free 24/7 customer support for the first 90 days.
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 BGN|
|Operating System||Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux|
|Dimensions||5.9 x 5 x 1 inches|
Compare D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Home Cloud Vs
TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home vs TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home Router, 450Mbps vs TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band Router
|Name||D-Link Wireless N 300 Mbps Home Cloud||TP-LINK TL-WR841N Wireless N300 Home||TP-LINK TL-WR940N V3 Wireless N450 Home||TP-LINK TL-WDR3500 Wireless N600 Dual Band|
|Editor Ratings||(4 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)||(4.1 / 5)||(3.9 / 5)|
|Data Transfer Rate||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||300 Mbps||600 Mbps|
|Standard||802 11 BGN||802 11 BGN||802 11 BGN||802 11 ABGN|
|Bands||Single Band||Single Band||Single Band||Dual Band|
|Security||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA2/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)||WPA/WPA (mixed)|
|Link||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW||FULL REVIEW|
The D-Link Wireless N300 Mbps Cloud Enabled Broadband Router meets all the expectations of an average home user, it provides the most crucial features needed to support a simple home network. The Cloud based feature is a new feature that makes this router stand out as it enable the user to monitor and manage their network from anywhere using the D-Link Lite App, if you want a highly efficient and compact router which delivers the best speed and range at a low price the DIR-605L is the best wireless router match for you.Check It Out On Amazon
Best Seller Products On Amazon - Check It Out the Similar Products Below!!
- TP-Link AC1200 Gigabit Wireless Wi-Fi Router (Archer C1200)
- ASUS RT-ACRH13 Dual-Band 2x2 AC1300 Wifi 4-port Gigabit Router with USB 3.0
- AFOUNDRY Wireless Router Fast High Speed Wifi Router Built in 6x7dbi Antenna Metal Computer Router Support By 2.4ghz 300mbps+5.8ghz 450mbps Home Network Dual Band Routers
- TP-Link Archer C7 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router (AC1750)
- NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router (R7000) with Open Source Support