Table of Contents
- 1 AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900 : Router Comparison
- 2 Difference Between The AC1200, AC1750 and AC1900
- 3 The Best AC1200 Routers of 2016-17
- 4 TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router (Archer C5) – Best affordable ac1200 router
- 5 Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi Router (EA6100) – Best Gaming router under 50$
- 6 The Best AC1750 Routers of 2016-17
- 7 TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 – Most Popular AC1750 Router of 2016
- 8 NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Best under budget router
- 9 The Best AC1900 Routers of 2016-17
- 10 ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless AC1900 – Best Long Range Wireless Router
- 11 NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) – Gaming , Streaming and many more
- 12 Final Verdict for AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900
AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900 : Router Comparison
With the advent of technology, there are many devices through which you can easily access internet connection. Not so long ago, the devices available were mostly wire-connection enabled.
In the present day, however, there are many different types of wireless routers available in the market.
Here, we take a look at the IEEE 802.11ac wireless technology commonly known as Wi-Fi, through which different routers have been availed in the market.
Difference Between The AC1200, AC1750 and AC1900
Some of the most common routers that have been developed under the Wi-Fi technology include the AC1200, AC1750, and the AC1900, all of which come with varying features. AC is a combination of two letters that manufacturers use to display the speed of the routers. The theoretical speed of these devices is a combination of 5GHz and 2.4GHZ. Other details of the specific model of a router are unique to the number that follows these two letters.
- AC1900: The AC1900 routers come with a speed of 1.3 Gbps which translates to 1300Mbps if fixed on the 5GHz AC band. The 2.4Gbps band comes with an additional 600Mbps. This makes its total speed 600Mbps + 1,300Mbps, which makes a total of 1900Mbps, hence the name AC1900.
- AC1750: As for the AC1750, the speed on the 5GHz band is 1300Mbps, and that on the 2.4GHz is 450Mbps, making a total of 1750Mbps. This is where the router acquires its name; AC1750Mbps.
- AC1200: As for the AC1200, its speed is 1200Mbps, but it qualifies for the 802.11ac technology. However, its features are not only limited to 802.11ac technology. They come with more features like USB and Ethernet ports, optimized user interface, and flexibility for accessing network.
The Best AC1200 Routers of 2016-17
The AC1200 routers are known for their fast wireless connection speeds. The combined bands of 2.2GHz and 5GHz play a big role in giving you reliable connection speeds at an average of 1167Mbps. The routers are also compatible with devices that support A, B, N and G wireless technologies. The routers are also able to withstand slow traffic that results from the congestion of wireless connections when radio waves are in high traffic.
TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Router (Archer C5) – Best affordable ac1200 router
The TP-Link AC1200 router supports the 802.11ac technology. It comes with dual antennas that ensure that the signals spread out to reach all the areas you need to be covered. The wireless connection allows you to enjoy high and excellent speed while playing games online, HD streaming or other activities that require high consumption of bandwidth.
If you would like to share files, materials, and printers amongst other devices, you can easily do so using the TP-Link AC 1200 dual ports. It allows for management of your network settings to prevent connections that do not belong to your network. The Gigabit Ethernet ports enable you to link up with cable connections if need be. Their 24/7 support team is always on call to assist you with setup and configuration in case you get stuck.
Linksys AC1200 Wi-Fi Router (EA6100) – Best Gaming router under 50$
The router comes with excellent wireless AC connection and Wi-Fi application. It is a perfect choice for home network connections where only a few devices are connected. The devices can be connected wirelessly, or they can be connected through the USB gigabit ports for a speed of up to N300Mbps which are a combination of the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz band.
The fast internet connection allows you to stream live over various media, transfer files and photos, play online games as well as quickly access applications that require a fast internet connection. For network connection control, the router allows you to set up parental controls as well as control guest access to your network.
The Best AC1750 Routers of 2016-17
AC1750 brands hardly disappoint. They not only come with high speeds, but they are also able to overcome congestion when there is high traffic in radio waves. They were launched in 2012, and they have continued to be rated among the best routers on the market.
TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750 – Most Popular AC1750 Router of 2016
TP-LINK C7 AC1750 router has duo bandwidth which provides it with speeds of up to 1.75Gbps, 450Mbps which are availed by the 2.4 GHz band and 1300Mbps which are availed by the 5GHz band. The router conveniently supports the next generation of Wi-Fi and the 802.11ac technology. It comes with Dual USB Ports through which you can share media, printer, and files. This can be done remotely through FTP or networked devices.
The router allows you to set up guest accounts and to control what they can access. The IP-based connectivity control makes it easy to manage each device and control its bandwidth. It also has got a WPS button that enhances security encryption. As for its set-up, the assistant comes with multiple language support for a hassle-free setting-up process.
NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router – Best under budget router
The NETGEAR AC1750 comes with three very outstanding features. It is has a beam-forming feature that enables it to extend coverage, giving you uninterrupted connectivity even over long ranges. The USB 2.0 and 3.0 allow you to connect with multiple other devices without affecting the quality of its connectivity.
It can be used conveniently in homes with 12 or more devices. This router has Quality of Service feature that plays a big role in keeping your date traffic protected. The ready CLOUD USB access is responsible for keeping your data safe. If you are worried about the quality of content that children can access, do not worry because the router comes with parental controls that allow you to filter web content.
The Best AC1900 Routers of 2016-17
The AC1900 routers are not only affordable but also readily available in the market. Their connection speeds are fast enough and can serve multiple devices at a go. New models recently came into the market, and you can be assured that they have better features than those which were previously in the market.
ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless AC1900 – Best Long Range Wireless Router
The ASUS AC1900 Dual Band_Gigabit router comes with Trend Micro that allows you to enjoy full security for your devices. It supports the latest 802.11ac which comes with speeds of 1900Mbps through the 3×3 technology. It has 1GHz dual-core CPU that enables you to multitask in that it can be used as USB data server or as Wi-Fi connector.
The router set up is not complicated because it comes with ASUWRT interface. The interface allows you to manage and monitor your network activities from a mobile device. Also, it comes with AiProtection that keeps your sensitive date safe and protected at various stages of access.
NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 (R7000) – Gaming , Streaming and many more
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 router comes with 600 + 1300Mbps speed of Wi-Fi and CPU speeds of 1GHz. It contains advanced features that help you prioritize bandwidth for music and video streaming. With the connectivity,you will enjoy lag-free gaming. With software known as Kwilt, you can quickly and conveniently download, share or view photos, with the router attached to USB storage.
Other software that is compatible with these NETGEAR Nighthawk routers includes Time Machine, automatic backup and open VPN connects app. The router comes with two USB ports and five gigabit Ethernet ports. The router has a beam-forming feature to improve the range of cover and performance.
Final Verdict for AC1200 vs AC1750 vs AC1900
- The AC router series come with many features that give you an edge over users of other types of routers. Their speeds are reliable, and the choice is yours to go for the one that best suits your needs, whether for a public or private connection. Making an informed decision is now at your disposal. Making an informed choice is now at your disposal.